Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Organ Donations (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512380)

Kimbell175113 09-30-2007 04:57 PM

Re: Organ Donations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say no because some hospitals will allow an organ donor to die so they can be harvested, but in that same situation try to save that same guy if he isn't an organ donor. They make a profit out of all those harvesting and transplanting operations, why should I let them play God with me to make a few bucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

React1oN 09-30-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say no because some hospitals will allow an organ donor to die so they can be harvested, but in that same situation try to save that same guy if he isn't an organ donor. They make a profit out of all those harvesting and transplanting operations, why should I let them play God with me to make a few bucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wtf?

hobbes9324 09-30-2007 05:01 PM

actually, I'll usually roll over for a happy meal. Us docs make so little, you know.....

MM MD

in48092 09-30-2007 05:35 PM

Not being an organ donor is pretty inexcusable in my book. If you're going to go out, you might as well do it in style by literally saving someone elses life. That being said, I wouldnt give a kidney or lung to someone while i'm alive unless it's a family member.

daryn 09-30-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i said no, and never really thought about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I've never understood people who say no. Seriously, you're dead. What the [censored] do you need them for? Save a [censored] life.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't know. i never really put a second of thought into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. When you renew your driver's license, please put a second of thought into it and change your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't promise anything. haha

jjshabado 09-30-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is whats wrong with democracy.

jjshabado 09-30-2007 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People will tell you that they don't want to spend the extra effort at the DMV.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Isn't saying YES the exact same effort as saying NO? I was just asked a question, and I answered. No extra work necessary.

Kimbell175113 09-30-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People will tell you that they don't want to spend the extra effort at the DMV.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Isn't saying YES the exact same effort as saying NO? I was just asked a question, and I answered. No extra work necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you do have to sign your name.

lozen 09-30-2007 06:56 PM

Card signed and I believe that when your born your parents decide immediately if you will donate your organs if the situation arises. Also when you receive your drivers Liscence you decide also. catch is if you decide not to you are not eligible to recive an organ transplant. Some religions are so hypocritical. There religous beliefs do not allow it but more than willing to accept organs.

jjshabado 09-30-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
catch is if you decide not to you are not eligible to recive an organ transplant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. I think it should be true, or like I said earlier at the least non-organ donors should be given lower priority.