Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ESPN says Mets announcers are the best (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510026)

kyleb 09-26-2007 07:17 PM

Re: ESPN says Mets announcers are the best

I legitimately think Cleveland/Boston/Oakland's announcers are the best, and I hate Boston.

MikeyPatriot 09-26-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really like the Cubs announcers, Bob Brenly and Len Kasper- which color man and "inside" guy would make the best duo? I think if you take Steve Stone with Bob Uecker that would be the greatest duo ever

[/ QUOTE ]

The Cubs made the biggest mistake in the world firing Steve Stone. Their TV broadcast is awful. Somehow, their radio broadcast is even worse and may be even more unlistenable than Hawk and DJ.

MikeyPatriot 09-26-2007 07:20 PM

Even with the color guy's annoying local accent, I've enjoyed Boston's crew whenever I've had to listen to them.

Needle77 09-26-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I legitimately think Cleveland/Boston/Oakland's announcers are the best, and I hate Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

AL bias obv.

MicroBob 09-26-2007 07:38 PM

Not s big fan of the CLE announcers, either radio or TV.
I miss Herb Score!!

I guess I'm in a mood to be a fan of mostly competent but vanilla announcers because Steve Physioc of LAA and Bob Carpenter of WAS are two of the first guys I think of.

Len Kasper and Bob Brenley with CHC are okay imo. Don't quite get the hate on those guys. I think their call is mostly enjoyable to listen to.

There just aren't as many PBP guys that blow me away anymore really.

NT! 09-26-2007 07:43 PM

ummm vin scully says hello

after that i really like don and jerry, other than that nobody has been all that memorable to me

09-26-2007 08:11 PM

Through Mlbtv I get a lot of different ones as well and I have to admit I like them too.
More than the Braves announcers and much more than most of the different crews around the nl.

I absolutely HATE the phillies announcers and the nats, with Sutton there now, are pretty unbearable too.

anatta 09-26-2007 08:25 PM

I got the MLBtv. Vin Scully is all class, I hate the Dodgers but he's great. Padres announcers they do grow on you.

Mud, "Doesn't Wilson Betemit look bigger this year Matty?"
Matt, "He does"
Mud, "You know why that is Matty?"
Matt, hesitantly, like something bad is coming, "Umm...no, why is that Mud"
Mud, "Betta Meat"

Oliver Nipples 09-26-2007 08:38 PM

Best Don and Jerry moment, two years ago, they are working an afternoon spring training game and the sox are down 13-1 in the 4th. Orioles load the bases and someone hit a bomb to left.

Remy: "Oh Jeeeeeeeesus, now look at this."
Don: "Woah, easy Jerry."
Remy: "Like anyone's still tuned in to this garbage."

battschr 09-26-2007 08:38 PM

I've watched every team multiple times on Extra Innings... my favorites:
Boston
Cubs
Scully
Cleveland