Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK Deep- Villain's fold button appears to be broken (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508557)

keikiwai 09-25-2007 03:56 AM

Re: KK Deep- Villain\'s fold button appears to be broken

88 and 66 would be super ugly here

ManChild 09-25-2007 04:06 AM

'he has given the impression that he is a thinking LAG'

and 'he is a solid, thinking lag'

aislephive 09-25-2007 04:38 AM

Yeah my initial thoughts were to muck this, but it really depends on what level I give him credit for being on. At $200nl he probably isn't thinking too high, so thats why I'd lean towards a fold. Shoving isn't bad either, it's pretty close either way.

ValarMorghulis 09-25-2007 05:10 AM

A muck here is good. I'm sure most of his raise-cbet stats come from single raised pots with only two players where the cbettors range is wide. Here, he probably has a set very often.

criminaldave 09-25-2007 05:41 AM

My thinking:

I felt villain was most likely to lead out with a set/made straight. He check raised me big so he has some sort of hand. With our history and his probable read on me I felt he was most likely making his raise that large with a big draw, so I shoved. He instacalled with J9 spades.

I need to work on my deepstack game, cos this hand had me really unsure what the hell to do. Would it ever be worth checking the flop against this sort of player or is that too weak?

cheer 09-25-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

his line:
cold calls pf raise
cold calls 3 bet after UTG flat called.

his range: 99,55,77,98ss

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope this is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

ManChild ... that is his range. even if you open it up a bit you would be flipping or slightly behind i would imagine. (I don't have poker stove on hand) but why are you wanting to get your stack in here when there are much much better spots.

Nightfall123 09-25-2007 04:33 PM

ya everyone is giving waaayyyy too much credit to the raises 40% of c-bets. We're 200bb's deep and 3-way, no way he gets out of line here too often. Either we're crushed or we're flipping. I fold.

XHitman014 09-25-2007 04:37 PM

That may be the range you put him on but that range sucks ass. No overpairs? No other FDs? Lots of bad players play QQ-TT this way.

Keyser. 09-25-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That may be the range you put him on but that range sucks ass. No overpairs? No other FDs? Lots of bad players play QQ-TT this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to bet this guy never has an overpair, and his FDs all include SDs, 1 over, or a pair.

blah-blah-blah 09-25-2007 04:47 PM

I think i check this flop to control the pot size since i hate it if we get c/r'ed. maybe I'm influenced by the results but I know I've checked in spots like these before.