Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Los Angeles: Things To Do And Places To Go (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508341)

jackflashdrive 09-24-2007 10:43 PM

Re: Los Angeles: Things To Do And Places To Go

[ QUOTE ]
Where can you find a good breakfast in LA? I was there for the first time this summer and always got stuck eating turkey bacon and fruit. This was a huge disappointment as I am a big fan of greasy spoon breakfast joints.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd probably like "Headlines" in Westwood. Other good choices are Elysee Bakery (also in Westwood) or The French Market (West Hollywood).

suzzer99 09-24-2007 11:54 PM

What's that breakfast/diner place in downtown LA everyone always waits in line for?

SlowHabit 09-24-2007 11:58 PM

How come no one recommends "Commerce?"

suzzer99 09-25-2007 12:20 AM

I've always had a better time at the Bike. Bike people seem like they're there to have fun. Commerce people all play like lifeless nits or boring call station zombies. Yay, wait for hands and value bet. So fun.

renodoc 09-25-2007 01:16 AM

Tommy's, ftw.

405 and Roscoe for this valley boy.

Tron 09-25-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's that breakfast/diner place in downtown LA everyone always waits in line for?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pantry

Rick Nebiolo 09-25-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pink's Hot Dogs! If you can stand waiting in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wait is the fun part (at least late at night). If you want to be a goof-ball look over everything on the menu, tell your friends you want X then when your friend is ready to order for your group change your mind.

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo 09-25-2007 02:54 AM

It's sort of mainstream these days but I think House of Blues on Sunset is a decent place to see live music. I'm too old for a mosh pit and spiked hair type of place but still prefer a stand and watch the band venue; HOB fits the bill.

~ Rick

Aloysius 09-25-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always had a better time at the Bike. Bike people seem like they're there to have fun. Commerce people all play like lifeless nits or boring call station zombies. Yay, wait for hands and value bet. So fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh weird, this has been pretty much my exact opposite experience. Commerce has maniacs, the Bike is a more tight, rock-ish game (I play $400NL, fwiw). The Bike I go to when I want a nicer ambience.

-Al

Michael Davis 09-25-2007 03:58 AM

Find Jonathan Gold's list of 99 best restaurants in LA. They vary widely in price so there's something for you no matter what you want. He's the best food critic ever and though I've had a couple of misses if you just start going to the restaurants on that list you will be happy.

Get this book about walking and go on the tours. Lots of history there and even though you look like an idiot tourist it's a great way to figure out sections of town you never knew existed.

-Michael