Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508285)

Meech 09-24-2007 05:12 PM

Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

Rather than imposing on the people in front, why don't you 7' tall freaks of nature cough up for a first class seat??

Yads 09-24-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DITTO

If one airline were to introduce a tall seating section, even if it's just 6 seats per plane, and allowed only people over 6' or 6'3" or somethign in them, I would fly a lot more and use that airline exlusively. I've been in the habbit of driving 8 or so hours instead of flying recently because of this.

I'm so over being tall, I'm done playing basetball, I can't find a car to seat my comfortably, I can't heel/toe shift because my legs are too long, hell with this!

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's called first class aka business class.

blinden84 09-24-2007 05:22 PM

that's great, but, they don't make fat people buy grossly more expensive seats, they just squeeze their fat (fixable) asses into regular seats and discomfort those next to them. Tall people have no say in the matter of being tall and aren't discomforting anybody aka nobody

Victor 09-24-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's great, but, they don't make fat people buy grossly more expensive seats, they just squeeze their fat (fixable) asses into regular seats and discomfort those next to them. Tall people have no say in the matter of being tall and aren't discomforting anybody aka nobody

[/ QUOTE ]

bs. if i cant recline on a plane its quite "discomforting"

blinden84 09-24-2007 05:28 PM

I've never stopped anyone from reclining aka tilting their seat back.

kipin 09-24-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My plan when I'm in the exit rows is to take the door and use it to block everyone else from exiting behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony P back in the house?

Poofler 09-24-2007 05:37 PM

A lot of midget rage in this thread

bonds 09-24-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rather than imposing on the people in front, why don't you 7' tall freaks of nature cough up for a first class seat??

[/ QUOTE ]

Because:

(a) quite a few flights don't have first class seating (regional jets and prop planes FTL)
(b) it's not all that uncommon for first class to be full due to upgraders
(c) the airlines don't price first class tickets to sell them

I'm 6'5 and flying is pure torture. Fortunately most people are pretty reasonable and it doesn't make that much difference on some airlines, the seats don't recline all that far. One of these days, though, someone's going to be a dick about it and they're going to get two knees square in the middle of their back every time they move. I'll get away with it, too, as even Helen Keller would be able to see that the length of my femur >= the seat pitch on some of these [censored] planes.

Us overtall freaks of nature already pay through the nose - we pay more for clothes, for cars, you name it. Now you want us to spend 5-10x the coach fare so you can recline your seat? With all due respect, [censored] that.

Still, as much as I hate flying, I'd never buy the knee defender. That's just obnoxious.

27offsuit 09-24-2007 05:47 PM

"You have 5 seconds to get those off my seat..."

StevieG 09-24-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Us overtall freaks of nature already pay through the nose - we pay more for clothes, for cars, you name it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you earn more money so it washes out.