Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pandora "Thumbs Up" Lists (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508063)

Peter Harris 10-09-2007 11:17 PM

Re: Pandora \"Thumbs Up\" Lists

[ QUOTE ]
Peter,

You don't like The Jam? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Jam. And Bowie. I just think those songs are the weakest/poorest exponents of an otherwise excellent career.

NT! 10-09-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How dare you thumbs down the Geto Boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

and all i gotta say to you wanna-be, gonna-be, [censored] pussy eatin pranksters

is when the fire dies down, what the [censored] you gonna do?

damn it feels good to be a gangsta

f you euro smegma, the hood IS politics, that [censored] is the troof [censored]

Peter Harris 10-10-2007 12:12 AM

sadly my "hood" is full of pensioners and commuting dads, we have one street light in the village of 1,500. The butcher/paper shop have known me from birth and the most exciting thing in the village in recent memory was about 8 years ago when there was a chimney fire down the road.

your truth > my truth

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

g-bebe 10-10-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Peter,

You don't like The Jam? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Jam. And Bowie. I just think those songs are the weakest/poorest exponents of an otherwise excellent career.

[/ QUOTE ]

never thumbs down Yanni

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...bebe/yanni.jpg

Peter Harris 10-10-2007 07:23 AM

I even went to the trouble of checking the samples of people who have "wtf'd" me.

Yanni sounds like a poor man's Vangelis imo, that Jam track is possibly one of the worst "trying to be jazzy and coming off as arrhythmic/epileptic fit" intros ever, and "gangsta-ass [censored]"? please.

So far i'm happy with my draconian thumbs down. Glad to see noone has felt compelled to defend "band on the run".

RoundTower 10-10-2007 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just pretended i was and stuck a random US zip code in. They haven't challenged me in like 18 months use.

edit: I got to 8 screenshots and I'm only at "H". Should i bother? The upshot of thumbing so many songs is pandora has me down pat now. (edit 2: worked out it'd take 22 screenshots. Is that a lot of thumbs ups?)

[/ QUOTE ]
does this still work for you? I haven't been able to access pandora directly outside the US since they changed it. I had it working with Tor + Privoxy proxy software, but it didn't stream very well and cut out a lot.

Perplexity 10-10-2007 10:24 AM

I wish you could start a new station without any seed at all so that it's starting with their whole library on random.

Is there some secret way to do this that I haven't figured out?

Hey_Porter 10-10-2007 10:36 AM

This is a great thread simply because I didn't know you could find what songs you've Up'd.

Peter Harris 10-18-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just pretended i was and stuck a random US zip code in. They haven't challenged me in like 18 months use.

edit: I got to 8 screenshots and I'm only at "H". Should i bother? The upshot of thumbing so many songs is pandora has me down pat now. (edit 2: worked out it'd take 22 screenshots. Is that a lot of thumbs ups?)

[/ QUOTE ]
does this still work for you? I haven't been able to access pandora directly outside the US since they changed it. I had it working with Tor + Privoxy proxy software, but it didn't stream very well and cut out a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently in Sri Lanka and it doesn't work here. In the UK I've got along fine. So yeah, guess it depends where you are.

f'ing RIAA.

rminusq 10-18-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How dare you thumbs down the Geto Boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

and all i gotta say to you wanna-be, gonna-be, [censored] pussy eatin pranksters

is when the fire dies down, what the [censored] you gonna do?

damn it feels good to be a gangsta

f you euro smegma, the hood IS politics, that [censored] is the troof [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

And now, a word from the President...
Voters of the world keep supportin' me and I promise to take you very far
Other leaders better not upset me or I'll send a million troops to die at war
So to all you Republicans that helped me win, I'd sincerely like to thank you
'Cause now I got the world swingin' from my nuts
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

[Wait, this wasn't written about GWB?]