Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Preflop decision with ladies against hachem (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505191)

king_of_drafts 09-20-2007 03:53 PM

Re: Preflop decision with ladies against hachem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The minraise is especially bad because PaintedBird is so short, I'd flat call the first 1k, and then I fold this for sure to Hachem

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem NEVER has AK here ,as its either KK or AA

[/ QUOTE ]

hachem might be bad, but he's bad enough to fold ak here? srsly, i'll be damned if he doesn't have AKs sometimes and AKo as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you leveling or what? I think AK is a fold for Hachem here. Full ring sucks because it's correct to be nitty in spots like this.

Hoopster81 09-20-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold this fast

[/ QUOTE ]

DJ Sensei 09-20-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ye if you just flatcall you can get away easily, now getting 2-1 its closer but still a fold imo. also keep in mind that hachem is not a very strong player, so i wouldnt be surprised if he shows up with AK here at least sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts during the hand were that raising would almost make it easier to fold to a shove (and thus the minraise), given the amount of strength a 5-bet would indicate. If I just call, he can put me on a wider range of hands (or can he?) and perhaps shove lighter, putting me to a tougher decision.

Would you smoothcall or reraise with AA? KK? AK? And what do you think Hachem's assumption of these ranges might be? What does he put me on when I minreraise?

Ship Ship McGipp 09-20-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The minraise is especially bad because PaintedBird is so short, I'd flat call the first 1k, and then I fold this for sure to Hachem

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem NEVER has AK here ,as its either KK or AA

[/ QUOTE ]

hachem might be bad, but he's bad enough to fold ak here? srsly, i'll be damned if he doesn't have AKs sometimes and AKo as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you leveling or what? I think AK is a fold for Hachem here. Full ring sucks because it's correct to be nitty in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the fact that we're thinking about folding queens and our minraise is the weakest move we've got leads me to think hachem should shove AK here

AcTiOnJaCsOn 09-20-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ye if you just flatcall you can get away easily, now getting 2-1 its closer but still a fold imo. also keep in mind that hachem is not a very strong player, so i wouldnt be surprised if he shows up with AK here at least sometimes

[/ QUOTE ] hachem isnt a stong player? lol now thats leveling

DJ Sensei 09-20-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
god 25/50 on stars is so dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya the game broke when Joe left, soon after this hand. I dont know if it was a bunch of hopefuls trying to play with a world champ, or if he was the fish in the lineup. I never play on stars so I dunno. (I just wanted to win enough that I could wire out 20k, lol) But F those shortstackers.

salesbeast 09-20-2007 05:21 PM

Joe prob had 1010 or hooks he plays em hard all the time. And yes the ss players are crazy (littlezen)

Daliman 09-20-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is ignoring the fact that you lose the main pot to the short stacker a bunch

[/ QUOTE ]

define a bunch

[/ QUOTE ]
1 bunch = 4 fews.

ike 09-20-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
agree

stephenNUTS 09-20-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joe prob had 1010 or hooks he plays em hard all the time. And yes the ss players are crazy (littlezen)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL