Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   eagles -7 over lions? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504590)

kdog 09-21-2007 12:46 AM

Re: eagles -7 over lions?

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how anyone who has followed football closely for several years doesn't buy into the "desperation" angle at least a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a team is in "desperation" mode it is there for a reason, that reason being they couldn't get the job done before. To bet a team for that reason is betting AGAINST current form. How anybody can make a case for laying 7 with Philly this week is beyond me. I think it's either bet the Lions or lay off the game.

Jazzy3113 09-23-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I also feel that Detroit blows. Two very poor outings were salvaged by playing equally poor opponents. If you saw the Minnesota game you would have no confidence on Detroit either. Their coaching staff does not inspire confidence.
As far as match ups go, I feel the eagles lose only in one main category; their DBs vs Detroit's WRs. Also, Kitna can say what he wants but he was concussed last weekend and I feel that he will be impaired or more vulnerable to a hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
You did not see the same game I did. Or maybe you mistook Kitna for his backup. I'm not sure how you can come to this conclusion.

[ QUOTE ]
I like the fact they play at home, they have no wins, and lost at home on MNF.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh pretty good. You will have a very short sports betting career following this type of "emotional" info.

[/ QUOTE ]

great call..

CaptainHook 09-23-2007 02:47 PM

"I like the fact they play at home, they have no wins, and lost at home on MNF."

That's the most hilarious reasoning I've ever heard. This game had an inexplicable line hence the reason to stay away from it. Linesmakers are never "slow to adjust" as some of you guys seem to think. You aren't smarter than the guys who are showering in money due to sports. I'm not really sure how this happened, but the Eagles are pretty notorious for being awful in the first two games of the season and then transforming into the team of old after that. This game was basically a complete crapshoot, and I don't really think anyone had any good calls anywhere.

Jazzy3113 09-23-2007 02:57 PM

Look, Im not gonna argue this game anymore but if the lines makers are so knowledgable why was the line a touchdown?

The Eagles are a better coached team. They have won before and have a winning veteran qb. They were playing at home.
Then I brought up the point that they were embarressed at home, and had no wins so they would be fired up and play as if the season were in doubt. And they came out fired up. Now ima win 4 units.
And for everyone arguing that emotion means nothing and football players are not mercurial and dont play harder sometimes I feel are wrong.