Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504226)

Gap23Razor 09-19-2007 01:38 PM

Re: OK

[ QUOTE ]
Does he really open raise from EP w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

its possible--i am not the first to say this but: "the rich are different"; i agree opening UTG with such a hand seems really wierd, yet...

andyfox 09-19-2007 01:44 PM

I just call. He'l likely fold without the straight flush when you 4-bet. By calling, you can then show your ace, even if beat, and they'll all think what a wimp you are, and you can use that later on.

tipperdog 09-19-2007 02:07 PM

The answer is call and it's not close, assuming that villain is a "excellent" post-flop player as OP indicates. Incidentally, this is almost the exact situation Barry Tanenbaum described in a CP column called dangerous river raises way back when. I remember this article so well, because I was the student who submitted the hand!

Incidentally, BT's conclusion (after arguing you should call-down with the A-high flush) was:

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, many of your opponents will make fun of you when you win the pot by simply showing down the nut flush, but you will still have made the proper play and do not need to educate them. Be glad they have the wrong impression of you at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

eviljeff 09-19-2007 02:17 PM

what is he expecting you to call the river 3bet with?

danzasmack 09-19-2007 02:30 PM

I don't know this guy at all or anything but as far as "what is he expecting you to call the river 3bet with" i would be more inclined to wonder if he thinks he can get you to fold out a decent [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (i.e. bob is raise/folding to a 3-bet)

which is why i call.

jba 09-19-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he really open raise from EP w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I 4 bet then call. I think he has KQ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

i've opened in EP with 53s a lot more times than i've bet/3bet a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in this kind of spot.

vmacosta 09-19-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I 4 bet then call. I think he has KQ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

i've opened in EP with 53s a lot more times than i've bet/3bet a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in this kind of spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I've bet/3-bet with Kh here against quite a few online lags. Sometimes even against tags who's style I had misinterpreted.

This hand is really read-dependent and i don't know villain so I have nothing useful to add.

PokerBob 09-19-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I've bet/3-bet with Kh here against quite a few online lags.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you call a 4bet?

tmfs 09-19-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are you raising the river?

PokerBob 09-19-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are you raising the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't know.