Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   This time last year.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503255)

Killingbird 09-17-2007 07:32 PM

Re: This time last year....

Then: grinding away at $5 SNGs with my ~$100 roll.

Now: Playing MTTs almost exclusively with a much healthier roll. Had some nice high 3 and low 4 digit cashes (I know its not very balla, but exciting for me). Cashed in a WSOP circuit event and played very well in a $1500 buy in WSOP event in Vegas. Dont know how I kept myself interested playing SNGs.

rothko 09-17-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I have like 50% of your winnings from then on?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you might want to include this summer.

Highn 09-17-2007 07:34 PM

One year ago; Thinking that it would be quite cool to play 4/180's as a hobby that wouldn't cost me anything (opposed to SWG's, EQ2, CS, roleplay games, other geeky things)

Now; Thinking that grinding cash might be a cool part time job.

Jurollo 09-17-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then: I think I had borrowed some Gobbobux to play some more mid limit MTT's after withdrawing + downswing ruined my bankroll-o

Now: About to buy a house in cash next week, as well as paying of 40k in student loans and buying a car outright, woo to zero debt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you were dead when I lent you 3k of my 25k roll to play mtt's and you won the 10r like two days later. Can I have like 50% of your winnings from now on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Can i have 50% of yours since then too? =)

Killingbird 09-17-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then: I think I had borrowed some Gobbobux to play some more mid limit MTT's after withdrawing + downswing ruined my bankroll-o

Now: About to buy a house in cash next week, as well as paying of 40k in student loans and buying a car outright, woo to zero debt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you were dead when I lent you 3k of my 25k roll to play mtt's and you won the 10r like two days later. Can I have like 50% of your winnings from now on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Can i have 50% of yours since then too? =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems fair.

shaundeeb 09-17-2007 07:42 PM

I wasn't in amsterdam.

IWEARGOGGLES 09-17-2007 07:44 PM

Bankroll like 4x larger, hadn't played 100/200NL, won Turningstone, dropped out of school, had no idea what it was like to run bad.

Life still rules though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ZBTHorton 09-17-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You did the exact same thing to me. Lent me 4K, won one of the biggest 55K's ever the next night.

ZBTHorton 09-17-2007 07:53 PM

I had about a 5K bankroll. Never got it above 10K for an extended period of time. Could barely beat 1/2 nl for enough to pay bills.

Things are much different now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PsYcOsNiPeR 09-17-2007 07:55 PM

wasnt playing poker..

now: i have a $300 roll and playing sng's...to get better?