Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AA vs tight guy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500762)

DirteAA 09-15-2007 07:20 AM

Re: AA vs tight guy

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i mean hes reraise flop, then his check behind (what good players do against good players with sets and two pairs(gets trickier obviously with two pair)on the turn, then this guy right here the one were talking about makes a splash bet on river that will only be called by better made hands...do you see the board is paired with straight draws, why must you risk chips on a bad board when he shows strength on the flop.
make sense when he showed so much strength on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, you're 100% correct. a monster wouldn't bet the turn and a worse hand will never call a river bet here. spot on. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

freeucm 09-15-2007 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i mean hes reraise flop, then his check behind (what good players do against good players with sets and two pairs(gets trickier obviously with two pair)on the turn, then this guy right here the one were talking about makes a splash bet on river that will only be called by better made hands...do you see the board is paired with straight draws, why must you risk chips on a bad board when he shows strength on the flop.
make sense when he showed so much strength on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, you're 100% correct. a monster wouldn't bet the turn and a worse hand will never call a river bet here. spot on. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i mean we always have to value bet AA on the river after a turn check on a paired/straight board after a flop reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

DirteAA 09-15-2007 07:27 AM

lol

DirteAA 09-15-2007 07:38 AM

if villain had 88, 77 why wouldn't he fire the turn? if he had KK don't you think he would have 3-bet preflop? a player with those type of stats will rarely have a hand to make a str8 here. when the river pairs 8s it is even less likely he has 88 so really the only hand that would beat AA that makes sense is 77. however, hands like AK, KQ are in villain's range and he may check the turn for pot control.

AAismyfriend 09-15-2007 07:52 AM

bet/fold>c/r>c/c

freeucm 09-15-2007 08:03 AM

Exacltly why isnt villian thinking this same way about his opponent since we give him so much credit for checking AK KQ, what is wrong with checking river, nothing at all, in fact it is probably the better play after he has reraise on flop. He will think the same way as you are telling me DirteAA that a set is unlikely because board pairs so he value bets his AK...I dont see villian with KQ here but it can happen if he is bad.

Why throw out a block bet on this board when villian is checking behind for pot control and will most likely fire river whether he has a boat or AK, maybe even KQ......

We dont gain anything at all except the times when we are lucky enough that he does call with AK. 16 combos bro...when he does have 77 88 KK, 18 combos man before the flop even hits..18 to 16 more sets then AK just for ha ha's, so now we take board texture and see that villian thinks just how you think this guy posting here should be thinking so he will value bet river with AK, if he doesnt but you say we most value bet here so how does betting make it any better?When we fold to his shove.

jpsnow 09-15-2007 08:28 AM

I like this line
I think b/f > c/c > c/r

heresjohnny 09-15-2007 10:59 AM

like your line here

schwza 09-15-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold>c/r>c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly never considered c/r till you said it. i dunno if it's really a good line, but it's kind of clever. if he did bet his Kx on the river, and i think he might, especially if it's AK or possibly KQ, he'd be getting great odds and would probably talk himself into a call.

one reason i wanted to bet was to get a call from some of the misc stuff that has sort of hit like T9 (oesd on flop) and weak Kx hands that won't bet.

jpsnow 09-15-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold>c/r>c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly never considered c/r till you said it. i dunno if it's really a good line, but it's kind of clever. if he did bet his Kx on the river, and i think he might, especially if it's AK or possibly KQ, he'd be getting great odds and would probably talk himself into a call.

one reason i wanted to bet was to get a call from some of the misc stuff that has sort of hit like T9 (oesd on flop) and weak Kx hands that won't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont think this is the right spot to c/r.