Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Two Purrzz in a weird spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500407)

Ship Ship McGipp 09-13-2007 05:57 PM

Re: Two Purrzz in a weird spot

[ QUOTE ]
Simply put if villain is never c/r bluffing here and he also is never c/r value betting a worse hand, then it is an obvious fold.

If u ended up calling and you won, then obviously ur analysis was right, but your information was wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

wait whaa? i agree with the things that you said, but getting better than 3 to 1 at these stakes this hand has to be close still.

ppl have fps or show up with random hands too much.

BalugaWhale 09-13-2007 06:10 PM

id prob call if you were playing super aggro
fold if you weren't bluffing a lot.

d2themfi 09-13-2007 06:11 PM

pot odds are important but only in relation ship to a persons range and ur equity against said range, so like i said this comes down to this individuals bluffing frequency here, or their frequency to c/r with TPTK.

I have never played with villain so i can only go off the info you gave which i took to mean that this person is in general really nitty, so I dont see them showing up with a worse hand here almost never which is why i would say fold

I guess what i was trying to say earlier was that even if you think it might be slightly -EV to call currently, it might be worth it to call if you play against this player often so that you can get a better line on their play, since you stated that you have played 3.5k hands with him and dont know a whole lot yet about him

trplthrt 09-13-2007 06:11 PM

That 19/13 is over how many hands?

I can definitely see this being AK, while most of this board will say that is a terrible play, people do it.

I definitely do not think this is an easy fold.

Melchiades 09-13-2007 06:12 PM

How often do you expect him to call the river with say JJ?

aislephive 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

This is a tough spot for sure, but I think your line still looks pretty strong and I don't think villain is going to c/r bluff a pretty strong river bet with these stack sizes, it just seems suicidal.

A call probably isn't horrible, but I think this is specifically TT/AT a ton of the time. Hard to say if he would ever play a flopped straight or set in this manner, only you can really be the judge of that (or anybody who has played villain).

But then again I pretty much never fold so I'm sure I'd call this and likely hate myself afterwards.

AAismyfriend 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That 19/13 is over how many hands?

I can definitely see this being AK, while most of this board will say that is a terrible play, people do it.

I definitely do not think this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think folding is good but it's close, and if I suspect he could be turning some funky hand into a bluff I'm gonna talk myself into sticking the rest in, and given the fact that I believe this guy is pretty good, he's most likely capable of it. Also AE, your image makes these situations all the more complicated.

AAismyfriend 09-13-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough spot for sure, but I think your line still looks pretty strong and I don't think villain is going to c/r bluff a pretty strong river bet with these stack sizes, it just seems suicidal.

A call probably isn't horrible, but I think this is specifically TT/AT a ton of the time. Hard to say if he would ever play a flopped straight or set in this manner, only you can really be the judge of that (or anybody who has played villain).

But then again I pretty much never fold so I'm sure I'd call this and likely hate myself afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Al_Money 09-13-2007 06:16 PM

I think you're pretty [censored] here most of the time. Villains tanking before the river followed by a c/rai seems v. strong. I probably fold if I'm playing really well and call if I'm tilty.

Pasterbator 09-13-2007 06:18 PM

this spot sucks.

+1 for the post count.