Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (Bracelet Winners - Monday) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498274)

rewt75 09-12-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (Bracelet Winners - Monday)

Flack's also got this casually elegant way of handling his chips and his cards that reeks of him having been playing live for many years. For a strictly internet player who has trouble cutting out any kind of bet or raise with chips, it's cool to see someone handle their ammo skillfully.

This is a very good table to watch, regardless of whether it's because these are the first new episodes we've seen in a while or because of the player caliber.

TJ cracks me up as well. He's just a regular old dude who could be your grandpa watching football on the couch but then you picture the guy dumping thousands at a craps table and taking down poker tournaments.

I agree with everything said about Ferguson's call. It's hard to believe that with the amount of concentration he shows with every single hand he plays and the lack of a need to get involved with what is most likely at best a coinflip that he makes that call there.

Chilltown 09-12-2007 05:33 PM

Flack=Vanessa Rousso? Flack is fun to watch and has very funyn and entertaining table talk...Vanessa would be mildly fun to look at naked with the volume off.

Rottersod 09-12-2007 05:49 PM

I enjoy Flacks ongoing commentary but sometimes it gets old. Ill bet he's pretty happy to have Hellmuth to his left though.

AKoffsuit 09-12-2007 08:54 PM

I think Ferguson just got tired of the game
it's only 20k
Shana asks good questions "do you have to gamble early in a tournament?"

Dima2000123 09-12-2007 10:01 PM

Sometimes it seems like Ferguson out-thinks himself. It's not the first time he makes a shocking call on PAD, he called away all his chips to Johnny Chan with K5o in his first show as well. And what's the deal with the supposed math guy getting the pot odds so wrong? Jesus is one of those pros whose play never awed me.

charliecozz 09-13-2007 01:13 PM

Did Layne Flack actually tell the female dealer that women and children should be seen and not heard? And then calling all the cocktail waitresses Sweetie 5 times-what a douche!!

Rottersod 09-13-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Ferguson just got tired of the game
it's only 20k
Shana asks good questions "do you have to gamble early in a tournament?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You "think" he got tired of the game? What, do you have some kind of esp into his brain? We were all watching the same show, right? It wasn't "only" 20k. It was 120k. He doesn't play high stakes cash games so this is where he makes his living.

And Shana can ask all the good questions she wants but if they give her stupid answers like he did and she won't come back with a follow-up then it's just more pointless fluff and nothing to make note of.