Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Wynn - the worst game selection in town? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495544)

SenatorKevin 09-07-2007 03:26 PM

Re: Wynn - the worst game selection in town?

[ QUOTE ]
Little known secret - generally locals aren't the great card players they think they are. Yes they are tight which means you have fewer multi-way pots or deep pots, but they generally suck at reading hands - dont be afraid of locals.

Also remember a short stack is at an advantage vs a big stack like that, and generally these guys cannot play big-stack poker well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just because they are local doesn't mean they are a pro. :-) There are a few "pros" at the 5-10 game at Wynn but it felt like they were always overplaying their hands or just trying to play silly tricks.

pig4bill 09-07-2007 04:00 PM

Re: it\'s the parking

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing locals want more than anything else is easy, close parking. Wynn practically put the poker room in the garage. The ones who value parking over most everything else are generally so tight you couldn't get a greased ball bearing up their.... Before I quit playing there (due to the "our **** don't stink phenomenon) I would sometimes leave after only 15 minutes when the game was like you describe.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, by that logic, Planet Hollywood and Caesars should be the best?

Cactus Jack 09-08-2007 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Little known secret - generally locals aren't the great card players they think they are. Yes they are tight which means you have fewer multi-way pots or deep pots, but they generally suck at reading hands - dont be afraid of locals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we locals?

Oh, yeah, right. I can't read hands.

*TT* 09-08-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we locals?

Oh, yeah, right. I can't read hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment (I can't believe you walked into that one!)

Assani Fisher 09-08-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing locals want more than anything else is easy, close parking.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

bav 09-08-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one thing locals want more than anything else is easy, close parking.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's more to it than that, but sure, that's part of the equation. When I'm just looking to occupy myself for 3 hours after a workday playing NL1/2 or 1/3, I do think about how long it'll take to get there, how far I have to walk, what sorta drink service I'll get, what the atmosphere is like, where I'm going to eat before or after... stuff like that. Since NL1/2 games are pretty much the same level of donkiness everywhere you go, where I land generally has only a little to do with game selection.

If I'm gonna aim higher than NL1/2, I do tend to think a lot more about what sorta game I want to play and other things become much more ancillary.