Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ATo 3-flush board HU (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495177)

Point Blank 09-06-2007 11:37 PM

Re: ATo 3-flush board HU

[ QUOTE ]
couldn't i assume he had made his flush then and fold, or would/could an aggro raise that turn on a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i'm saying ... easy

fold equity + OK draw ... with something like a small/mid pocket with suite ... plus your hand looks exactly like it is (no one is donking a hand of decent strenth here ... perhaps the nuts donks hoping to get raised)

jmitchell42 09-07-2007 02:29 AM

ahh, damn, just that kind of analysis is why i post here. i knew i was wrong. like i said, i just didn't know why. thank you again. should've thought of that.

Reaction 09-07-2007 04:11 AM

In a 3.25BB pot, giving a free card is not anywhere close to a disaster.

Check turn. If villain checks behind, b/f any blank river. If villain bets, c/c any blank river.

fdwarrior 09-07-2007 04:16 AM

i you give vill this range you should fold preflop

Sushiglutton 09-07-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the plan? I did some number crunching off line, and we are pretty close to 50% against a 99+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs pfr range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this range. I think it's way to narrow for an UTG raiser in a 7 handed game. I think: 77+, A8s+, ATo, KTs+, KQo, is closer. If u think he had that range u do realize ur ATo belongs in the muck?

Anyway I like a flop CR. We may very well be good, but our hand is vulnerable. We want to make sure the turn gets bet. If the turn is a club I think the hand plays better if we are in the lead. He will have difficulty calling with JJ, AK, AJ, hands we preffered he tossed.
If we are 3-bet I think we must call until another club hits.

CrMenace 09-07-2007 09:59 AM

Point,

I think if I bet into this flop, my plan is b/f. I villain is tricky enough to raise his mediocre FD, so be it. I think much more often I'm behind at that point, or at least I'm behind more often than the 2.5BB I'll have to pay to see showdown.

Sushiglutton 09-07-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Point,

I think if I bet into this flop, my plan is b/f. I villain is tricky enough to raise his mediocre FD, so be it. I think much more often I'm behind at that point, or at least I'm behind more often than the 2.5BB I'll have to pay to see showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit I hate the donk/f line on the flop in general and in this hand even more so. This is a scary board and we donk. How much respect will that donk get? I wouldn't be suprised at all if he raised two red nines. Also there are sooooo many hands he can semi-bluff raise with. B/f in this spot is [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] IMO.

neurotiq 09-07-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
neurotiq, you need to learn that second pair is a pretty good hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to learn if you're willing to teach. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think I do have a tendency to be too fit-or-foldy at times...

CrMenace 09-07-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must admit I hate the donk/f line on the flop in general and in this hand even more so. This is a scary board and we donk. How much respect will that donk get? I wouldn't be suprised at all if he raised two red nines. Also there are sooooo many hands he can semi-bluff raise with. B/f in this spot is [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Sushi, I meant turn in my post. jmitchell proposed b/f for our turn line and Point Blank said if raised we should call since villain might raise with an FD.

What I was trying to say was that if I donked the turn, I would fold to a raise as jmitchell said.