Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars FPPs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495115)

Klinzmann 09-06-2007 06:31 PM

Re: Stars FPPs

"On a side note, we just completed our smallest Concierge Service request. A player requested a rare CD that couldn't be purchased from his home country. $30 + shipping" -- Scottyy 05/12/07

thing85 09-06-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"On a side note, we just completed our smallest Concierge Service request. A player requested a rare CD that couldn't be purchased from his home country. $30 + shipping" -- Scottyy 05/12/07

[/ QUOTE ]

End of argument.

Henry17 09-07-2007 08:24 AM

If they do offer this service then great on them. There is nothing on the site that would have implied that they do and to me it still does not make sense.

In a typical month I buy at least 5-10 items in the $300-1500 prince range. According to what I'm being told here I could have sent my receipts for all of them to Stars. Now if you multiply that by the total number of players at supernova you'd be dealing with a few hundred thousand potential requests. Even if just 15% of people took advantage of this it would be an insane amount of extra paper work.

The CD example is a bad one since it was rare and he could not get it in his own country. I can understand making an exception for something like that. But if too many people started sending in requests for inexpensive items that are commonly available they would have to stop doing it.

Alobar 09-07-2007 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they do offer this service then great on them. There is nothing on the site that would have implied that they do and to me it still does not make sense.

In a typical month I buy at least 5-10 items in the $300-1500 prince range. According to what I'm being told here I could have sent my receipts for all of them to Stars. Now if you multiply that by the total number of players at supernova you'd be dealing with a few hundred thousand potential requests. Even if just 15% of people took advantage of this it would be an insane amount of extra paper work.

The CD example is a bad one since it was rare and he could not get it in his own country. I can understand making an exception for something like that. But if too many people started sending in requests for inexpensive items that are commonly available they would have to stop doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, just let it go, you were wrong, and you are still going on about something you know nothing about. do yourself a favor and just stop

terrellk11 09-07-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually had no clue of the answer. Even now you can't admit you didn't know what you were talking about and you're still making an ass of yourself pretending you did.

illini43 09-07-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

support@pokerstars.com

Henry17 09-07-2007 12:53 PM

I e-mailed them and requested information and yes I was wrong I apologize for my error.

The min is $500 for 31000 points.

I obviously under estimated Star's willingness to make customers happy. I was positive no one in their right mind would offer something like this as at least to me it just seems like a logistical nightmare to deal with.

MicroBob 09-07-2007 02:16 PM

$500 for 31k points is the same 1.61 cents/FPP value.
That's roughly a 7% improvement over the 1.5 cent/FPP cash-for-points bonus.

Henry does actually have something of a point though and it's one that I've touched on in the past.

If Stars is willing to do this then why don't they say so in the store itself?
It specifically alludes to 186k for $3k concierge service. There's no indication there that they would do less. At first, I thought it was a $3k minimum too and believe other 2+2'ers thought so as well. It was only later via these forums that I found out that it can be less.

And this is the first time I've semi-officially seen that the pro-rate value all the way down to $500 is still at 1.61 cents/FPP. Previously thought that perhaps the value would be a little bit less for purchasing less than $3k but I never really cared that much to research it or ask.

Anyway, maybe it's specifically BECAUSE they don't want to deal with too many requests that it is listed in their store the way it is. But it does strike me as a little funny nonetheless.
I should probably be able to learn that the concierge service works this way on their actual website. If it weren't for 2+2 I wouldn't have known it was available for less than $3k and would never have thought to ask.

Site says $3k item. I have nothing of $3k or more I want to purchase so I don't bother with it. End of story.

I have yet to concierge anything with them. But think I'll be taking advantage of this more often in the future.

Henry17 09-07-2007 03:04 PM

The only other relevant information in the e-mail was that the funds would be credited within 3 business days (I assume of them receiving the paper work). So it is pretty fast.

This was a useful thread for me. Despite being wrong I did learn of a new option. I'm still debating if it is worth it. Extra 7% value in the points is nice but photocopying the receipt and mailing it off still seems like a hassle for smaller items.

1p0kerboy 09-07-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Stars is willing to do this then why don't they say so in the store itself?
It specifically alludes to 186k for $3k concierge service. There's no indication there that they would do less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when they started the concierge service their intent was to offer items that were 3k or greater. For whatever reason (maybe not a lot of action in the >3k range) it has evolved to allowing items of $500 and even sometimes less than that.

I agree they should probably update their webpage in this regard if that is indeed their new "written" policy.

[ QUOTE ]
And this is the first time I've semi-officially seen that the pro-rate value all the way down to $500 is still at 1.61 cents/FPP. Previously thought that perhaps the value would be a little bit less for purchasing less than $3k but I never really cared that much to research it or ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone recently asked if they could get a better value if they purchased an item well in excess of 3k. The answer was no. I don't think it's such a bad idea to keep a uniformed rate.