Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   General Q about tourney bankroll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494390)

gimmetheloot 09-06-2007 04:43 PM

Re: General Q about tourney bankroll

Serious reply.

Barry, play the big guarantees at FTP and Stars.
starting at 8, stars has a 25k GTD 27.5$ tourney, and a 3.3R. Have like 30$ to spend on the rebuy.
At FTP, the 24k.
at 9:30 play both the 50k $55 on stars and FTP.
at 10 on FTP, the 28k.

those are EST times.

Stick to those if u play at that time, and you should be fine.

I started playing them last month with 2.5k. I dont have any real varaince to talk about, I didnt cash the 50's for a while, but all of those tournies are soft as hell.

Win a couple and start playing them and the hundo tournies.
Follow these rules and run kinda hot, and u will be 50k richer in a month.

McMelchior 09-06-2007 04:53 PM

Watch out for MTT variance!

Admittedly being a conservative player I mainly play $25 FOs and $10r, with a couple of weekly shots at $55 FOs. My roll is around $15k, built over 4 years exclusively playing MTTs and SnGs.

I'm down >$2k over the summer for online alone. Haven't spotted any particularly gross leaks ... just a lot of lost 70%s.

These kind of things happen.

Mi_T_Sharp 09-06-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watch out for MTT variance!

Admittedly being a conservative player I mainly play $25 FOs and $10r, with a couple of weekly shots at $55 FOs. My roll is around $15k, built over 4 years exclusively playing MTTs and SnGs.

I'm down >$2k over the summer for online alone. Haven't spotted any particularly gross leaks ... just a lot of lost 70%s.

These kind of things happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You are a BR nit! I wish I still was.

09-06-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA. Was just about to say the same exact thing.

WarDekar 09-06-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA. Was just about to say the same exact thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

My greatest leak (by far) is when I'm just like "Meh this is a [censored] $50 freeze-out, what's $50? I'm arrrrr-innnnn"

dudeoflife 09-07-2007 09:23 AM

I'd say stick to 11 rebuys, 22 rebuys, and playing turbo sats to nightly 150 and sunday million. I think rebuys offer you much better chances if you're good deepstack player vs. freezeouts where you often need cards imo to do well. For 20 rebuy just be prepared to rebuy once and add on and thats' it. I know people say you should keep rebuying but that tourney is perfect for building a BR with what you've got and I'd rather play that than a 50 FO.

MJBuddy 09-07-2007 12:47 PM

I have a semi-...er...complicated Bankroll calculator that sets aside 10% of my bankroll/20 games and uses 10% of that # to start. If I run bad, it forces me into lesser stakes and cushions the variance (Saved me hundreds in august). If I run well, I take smaller shots at MTTs that are no where near out of my league (won me a bunch in September).

I like it so far, but it's entirely nitty and the risk of ruin is so incredibly small (means a lot to me. If I ever busto'd I'd probably be unable to reload), it just seems wonderful to me.

checkmate36 09-07-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO GSykes recommendations are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

BigAlK 09-07-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]