Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2p2 Creditworthiness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493354)

Kneel B4 Zod 09-04-2007 01:26 PM

Re: 2p2 Creditworthiness

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is now depressing me, because I just wish I was in a position to do something where my credit score actually mattered.

Seattle + 40K a year = apartments.

Lord I need to marry rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seattle is on the high side, but it could be worse [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

actually, if you look at just the coasts (all of the West, north of DC) Seattle becomes reasonable. cheaper than:

San Fran/Bay area
LA
San Diego
New York
DC
Boston

kyleb 09-04-2007 01:50 PM

I think it's around 600. Hooray for terrible decisions while 18!

kkcountry 09-04-2007 01:54 PM

I've never had a credit card, taken a loan out for anything, and have paid all tickets and fines in a timely manner. What is my credit score?

Dids 09-04-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's around 600. Hooray for terrible decisions while 18!

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a lot of these around 21, and by the time I was like 25 or 26 mine was back into pretty good shape.

Dids 09-04-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is now depressing me, because I just wish I was in a position to do something where my credit score actually mattered.

Seattle + 40K a year = apartments.

Lord I need to marry rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seattle is on the high side, but it could be worse [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

actually, if you look at just the coasts (all of the West, north of DC) Seattle becomes reasonable. cheaper than:

San Fran/Bay area
LA
San Diego
New York
DC
Boston

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is that Seattle is reasonable relative to like the top 6 housing markets in the nation?

It's just frustrating in a "world is unfair" way that I could afford a nice ass house in my hometown, but without doubling my income one way or anything, if I want to stay here (which I do) I'm pretty much hosed.

jackblack73 09-04-2007 02:00 PM

Here's a FICO estimator. It was accurate with me.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/fico/calc.asp

Aloysius 09-04-2007 02:07 PM

One retarded thing I did when I was in college was open a Banana Republic charge card (for the 10% discount or whatever), proceeded to forgot about it... bank eventually charged it off which is a pretty significant derogatory in of itself, coupled with a 90+ days late derogatory. The outstanding amount was like $70 or so.

When I found out about this I actually tracked down the issuing bank, which took forever to find, paid the charge-off (so that got knocked out) and they switched it from 90+ days to 30 days late. Can't remember how much this improved my credit score since it was a while ago, but I think it really helped. This is my only derogatory, and was many years ago (not sure exactly how this works, but I think after 4 years or so, minor stuff doesn't really impact your score that much, if at all).

-Al

kkcountry 09-04-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One retarded thing I did when I was in college was open a Banana Republic charge card (for the 10% discount or whatever), proceeded to forgot about it... bank eventually charged it off which is a pretty significant derogatory in of itself, coupled with a 90+ days late derogatory. The outstanding amount was like $70 or so.

When I found out about this I actually tracked down the issuing bank, which took forever to find, paid the charge-off (so that got knocked out) and they switched it from 90+ days to 30 days late. Can't remember how much this improved my credit score since it was a while ago, but I
think it really helped. This is my only derogatory, and was many years ago (not sure exactly how this works, but I think after 4 years or so, minor stuff doesn't really impact your score that much, if at all).

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats on 7k

jackblack73 09-04-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a horrible credit rating. I just put down my parent's address as my last place of residence though. Theirs is like triple-A so I can get whatever I want. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I understand this. Putting their address down shouldn't have any effect on your credit score. In fact, putting your name on their credit card won't have any effect anymore.

Dids 09-04-2007 02:13 PM

"congrats on 7k"

Didn't read Al's post closely and in the context of this thread, this comment made me have compounding interest nightmares.