Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   sharkscope (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492524)

oddsock 09-04-2007 02:17 PM

Re: sharkscope

It simply depends if you feel you are using it correctly. Making a specific move merely because someone is a certain percentage is not really the way to go. I once bought 200 searches on it but realised all I was doing was looking at my own stats!!!

PujolsOfPokr 09-04-2007 02:53 PM

I'd say sharkscope works best as a self-help tool. To see where you make your profits, see where you leak your money away, and the types of games that are/aren't profitable for you.

So if you see that you are +25% ROI @ the $50 buy-ins but only +3% ROI @ the $100 buy-ins, it is a usefull tool b/c it can direct you towards the games that you hold the biggest edge in.

In terms of using sharkscope to determine playing STYLE of opponents, I think you'd be skating on thin ice. You can definitely do more harm to yourself than good if you are over-reading into your opponents' sharkscope stats.

suzzer99 09-04-2007 03:03 PM

As long as I only use Sharkscope to berate the fish, but never to make any actual in-game decisions, should be no problem right?

jocke4 09-04-2007 03:07 PM

my stats looks kinda weird.
But i've only played 18 stt at PP.

According to Sharkscope i've played 1 and loosed it.

oddsock 09-04-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as I only use Sharkscope to berate the fish, but never to make any actual in-game decisions, should be no problem right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always assumed thats what it's primary use was! It's a wonderful thing to find a -43% multitabler.

DVaut1 09-04-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always assumed thats what it's primary use was! It's a wonderful thing to find a -43% multitabler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and the best thing to do a big donator is...berate them?

oddsock 09-04-2007 03:39 PM

I never berate anyone. I respond if required.

suzzer99 09-04-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and the best thing to do a big donator is...berate them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they suck out on you. Then they need to know how bad they are.

bballwiz 09-04-2007 05:34 PM

I look at it like this, If sharkscope is illegal pokerstars should file a suit against sharkscope and get it shutdown. But apparently since they are not doing that sharkscope is perfectly legal and fine, and they only way they can do something about it is through the players. As a player, if sharkscope is not being shutdown directly by pokerstars I should have the right to look at it. Plus as I said in another post, if someone doesn't want their stats posted they can simply have them blocked on sharkscope anyway. I think its a very bad move by pokerstars. Especially since they allow other sites to maintain operation such as thepokerdb because they comply to their stupid policy.

beserious 09-04-2007 05:38 PM

It's also kind of dumb to have a rule that's blatantly not enforceable -- people could easily use sharkscope on a 2nd computer they're not playing on.