Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Deutche Bank Championship (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490815)

BigSoonerFan 09-02-2007 09:34 AM

Re: Deutche Bank Championship

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how I feel about it really. I'm leaning towards really not caring though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything the PGA Tour could do to really pump up fan interest once football season has started.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Phil and Tiger are battling head-to-head on the last day, I may care a bit....but other than that.

Now watching those guys after the "playoffs" trying to get in the top 125 in the last few events, that will get your blood pumping!

ligastar 09-02-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how I feel about it really. I'm leaning towards really not caring though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything the PGA Tour could do to really pump up fan interest once football season has started.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Phil and Tiger are battling head-to-head on the last day, I may care a bit....but other than that.

Now watching those guys after the "playoffs" trying to get in the top 125 in the last few events, that will get your blood pumping!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is turning into one hell of a tournament.

RacersEdge 09-02-2007 07:25 PM

Yeah, pretty good as far as drama goes - Tiger and Phil paired tomorrow. NBC has got to love that, but WTF with Baddley and his sand shot on 18? Just dumb.

Butcho22 09-02-2007 07:59 PM

I think Badds thought he was Tiger for a second there, lol.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Bill Murphy 09-02-2007 08:18 PM

Baddeley's done, Oberholser's prolly too physically creaky & inexperienced at this point, and Wetterich looked terrified after his round, like he knows the diarrhea's gonna kick in around 2am. Everyone else is either too far back, or doesn't have the firepower.

Tiger v Phil, baby. How 'bout that Fedex Cup, anyway? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh BTW, wonder if Tiger's seen this yet:

[ QUOTE ]
Mickelson finished two shots better than Woods over the first two rounds, when Vijay Singh joined them based on playoff rankings. He later revealed that he found the secret to playing better against his longtime nemesis.

Lefty now works with Harmon - Woods' first swing coach - and says Harmon told him to look for nuances about Woods. Mickelson didn't say what they were, only that they made him laugh.

"He (Harmon) told me a couple things that he likes to do, and I was kind of watching for it, and I chuckled throughout the round when I'd pick up on it," Mickelson said after the second round. "I think that working with Butch has really helped me understand how to get my best golf when I play in the same group as Tiger. And I'm hoping I have a chance to do that on Monday."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

ArcticKnight 09-02-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baddeley's done, Oberholser's prolly too physically creaky & inexperienced at this point, and Wetterich looked terrified after his round, like he knows the diarrhea's gonna kick in around 2am. Everyone else is either too far back, or doesn't have the firepower.

Tiger v Phil, baby. How 'bout that Fedex Cup, anyway? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh BTW, wonder if Tiger's seen this yet:

[ QUOTE ]
Mickelson finished two shots better than Woods over the first two rounds, when Vijay Singh joined them based on playoff rankings. He later revealed that he found the secret to playing better against his longtime nemesis.

Lefty now works with Harmon - Woods' first swing coach - and says Harmon told him to look for nuances about Woods. Mickelson didn't say what they were, only that they made him laugh.

"He (Harmon) told me a couple things that he likes to do, and I was kind of watching for it, and I chuckled throughout the round when I'd pick up on it," Mickelson said after the second round. "I think that working with Butch has really helped me understand how to get my best golf when I play in the same group as Tiger. And I'm hoping I have a chance to do that on Monday."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gulp......Good move Phil. Have Ames and Rory told you how playing head games with Tiger has worked out for them?

PS. I actually know what Harmon said about Tiger. He said that when Tiger shakes hands on the first tee and says have a good game, he really means "I'm am going to trounce your sorry a$$ again today." I hope that helps, Phil. lol

K-Slay 09-02-2007 08:56 PM

I don't see what Phil said as trash talking at all. He was talking about his game, and didn't reveal the funny things tiger did which was classy. If Tiger wants to get mad because Phil isn't intimidated, he's a tool. But Tiger won't and Phil will lose.

shemp 09-02-2007 09:03 PM

I'd guess one of the things is how Tiger likes to walk by his opponent's ball and do an exaggerated and disdainful look down at it as he walks past to his own ball. That and working the crowd. Any other speculation as to that sort of gamesmanship?

tuq 09-02-2007 09:32 PM

I think that Tiger and Michael Jordan correlations are very accurate because of their competitive nature, they are/were both the best in their sport for a long stretch of time, and they have an inherent contempt for the opposition. This is not to knock either of them. There are other similarities that aren't worth mentioning in the context of this thread.

If Phil can gain some sort of edge from Butch, that's pretty sweet. I'm sure he needs it. What I don't get is why he felt the need to go public about it. Regardless, I look forward to tomorrow, should be good golf and IMO a Monday holiday finish is pretty sweet. I still think back to three years ago (? - three for four) when Vijay was paired with Tiger and won to take over first in the rankings.

shemp 09-02-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Phil can gain some sort of edge from Butch, that's pretty sweet. I'm sure he needs it. What I don't get is why he felt the need to go public about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

It also shows how much Tiger owns his opposition I think, that it took Bruce telling him, "You know those little things that annoy you... they're supposed to,"-- you can almost hear Phil slapping his head.