Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Have you ever contemplated suicide (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490563)

Ron Burgundy 08-31-2007 02:12 PM

Re: Have you ever contemplated suicide

[ QUOTE ]
I would never want people to know that I committed suicide, so I have thought about how to arrange my death in a way that does not look like suicide.

You know: suicide by "cop", suicide by car "accident", suicide by mountain climbing "mistake", suicide by snorkling "accident", suicide by "snake bite".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. Why would you care, YOU'D BE DEAD!

W brad 08-31-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would never want people to know that I committed suicide, so I have thought about how to arrange my death in a way that does not look like suicide.

You know: suicide by "cop", suicide by car "accident", suicide by mountain climbing "mistake", suicide by snorkling "accident", suicide by "snake bite".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't have a will. I mean, why care about who gets your assets? YOU'D BE DEAD! and why care if your wife and kids hate you for it. Dead men can't feel the hate.

Me, I might care about my reputation. I don't want to be remembered as someone who couldn't handle life and took the easy way out.

FocusedOne 08-31-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't have a will. I mean, why care about who gets your assets? YOU'D BE DEAD! and why care if your wife and kids hate you for it. Dead men can't feel the hate.

Me, I might care about my reputation. I don't want to be remembered as someone who couldn't handle life and took the easy way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah cause all those people who go out from "suicide by cop"
are remembered fondly...

W brad 08-31-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah cause all those people who go out from "suicide by cop"
are remembered fondly...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are remembered as martyrs, done in by the man.

Free Mumia!!1!

Quicksilvre 08-31-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does it have a major impact upon how your family views you in death, it can have a profound affect on whether your life insurance company has to pay up.

I gotta say though, suicide-by-cop is just ridiculous.

Ron Burgundy 08-31-2007 02:42 PM

How many people have life insurance?

otnemem 08-31-2007 02:44 PM

Suicide by anyone who's not you is ridiculous. You know how scarring it must be for the unfortunate subway conductor who gets to see some [censored] splatter all over the front of his train?

Los Feliz Slim 08-31-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My life insurance actually pays off if I kill myself as long as it's at least two years after the policy begins!

otnemem 08-31-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Many full-time jobs offer a life-insurance plan. The last three companies I worked for...

Quicksilvre 08-31-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking for a percentage? I'm not sure, but Wikipedia puts the total of life insurance policies in the US at $500 billion.