Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QTs hits two pair on fairly uncoordinated, rainbow flop. capping good? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490435)

ProfessorBen 08-31-2007 05:39 PM

Re: QTs hits two pair on fairly uncoordinated, rainbow flop. capping g

1. No such thing as UTG+1 in 6max.
2. This is a toss up between raise/call in FR.
3. Easy raise in most SH.

bravos1 08-31-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW

I think raise?limp>>>fold

[/ QUOTE ]

bravos: ur taking that post too seriously. BASTARD is clearly the correct answer. But if you want a serious answer, I haven't met a lineup or limits/table conditions/opponents where this is a fold. The lineup that this is a fold in, you won't catch me playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..never mind, I misread/misunderstood your pic...

tyler_cracker 08-31-2007 06:14 PM

there are so many replies in this thread, and yet OP hasn't answered this:

[ QUOTE ]

first tell us why you donked. what was your thought process? what were you trying to accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

too busy learning to reply, perhaps?

Christian_Peters 08-31-2007 06:19 PM

I don't give SB credit for a set until he 3-bet's my Turn raise.

milesdyson 08-31-2007 07:52 PM

i like the flop bet. CO's betting range on the flop when checked to is approximately equal to his raising range when donked.

and you don't want to let him check behind AK AJ 88 whatever. given that the pot is 5-way, this is a real possibility.

nice flop bet.

CrMenace 08-31-2007 08:11 PM

It's just not that hard -- here's how you decide when to donk:
1. If the pf raiser is on your right and you want to build the pot (i.e. you have a very strong hand), donk. Thus if raiser raises this has the potential to get the most in the pot.
2. If the pf raiser is on your right and you want to protect your hand, do not donk. Check-raise.
3. If the pf raiser is on your left and you want to build the pot and you think pf raiser is likely to bet the flop, c/r. This will get the most money in the pot.
4. If pf raiser is on your left and you want to protect, you are usually out of luck as pot has become too big. You may have to wait for the turn.
5. If you think pf raiser is unlikely to bet the flop and you have a strong hand (from your reads), donk. This is independent of raisers' position.

neurotiq 08-31-2007 10:05 PM

Thanks a bunch, CrMenace. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That post helped a lot and makes total sense.

And thanks to everybody who offered polite and helpful comments on the hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I intentionally didn't include the turn and river because they made it very clear that I was ahead and I was mostly just curious what you folks thought of SB's check-3bet on the flop. But if you're curious about how the entire hand went...

The turn and river both blanked. On the turn, it was checked to me and I bet. Everybody called. On the river, it was checked to me again. I bet and got two callers (both of which were holding a queen). SB's check-3bet was with AQ, if you were wondering.