Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Player tells me where to put my chips (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487857)

MiltonFriedman 08-28-2007 04:37 PM

Re: Player tells me where to put my chips

"I tried not to laugh."

Why not? Poker can be fun you know.

I hope every pot you raked in was stacked progressively toward the 4 seat.

Next time, bring a battery powered shark, too.

buddypup 08-28-2007 05:49 PM

the fan is used to cool off his sweaty head. This guys just perspires by sitting still. I have seen this guy's original fan stomped on by some dude that took a bad beat from the fan guy....but his new one is bigger and better. If you ever play at the Hustler.....fan guy is playing either 5-5, 5-10, or the daily tounreys.

realjaydub 08-28-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fan is used to cool off his sweaty head. This guys just perspires by sitting still. I have seen this guy's original fan stomped on by some dude that took a bad beat from the fan guy....but his new one is bigger and better. If you ever play at the Hustler.....fan guy is playing either 5-5, 5-10, or the daily tounreys.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was good...LOL

Some how I can imagine being the guy that stomped it.

AKQJ10 08-28-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, why aren't more of you thinking about being courteous and mannerly when at the table (or anywhere for that matter)? Overall that is plus EV for life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good aside. Here's my speculative response. Poker is a competition. Although civilized competition takes place within the bounds of pre-established rules, the emotions (*cough* testosterone *cough*) competition stirs up don't always lend themselves to courteous conduct.

It's really no different than John McEnroe on the tennis court or the famous video of Phillip Wellman. From a distance, we can agree that such conduct is -EV (going beyond any legitimate +EV to "working the refs").

OK, down from my soapbox....

[ QUOTE ]

Most plus EV of all is responding with courtesy and good manners when confronted with discourtesy and bad manners. It's the killer play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Or as it's also been stated, "If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." Devastatingly effective.

Dynasty 08-29-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player tells me where to put my chips

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this thread had potential.

magoo 08-29-2007 02:52 AM

In this instance you are the jerk. You know damn well you are hogging table space, by keeping your chips to the left of where you are sitting. You explained it correctly. It is YOUR selfish "comfort" which is paramount.

[ QUOTE ]

I should note that I like to keep my stack in the left portion of "my area", not sure why I've just always been more comfortable doing it that way.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Willy 08-29-2007 12:48 PM

Seems like a lot of new players at B&M think they have to keep their chips to the side since that is the way they see it done on TV. I guess they want to be sure the hole card cam gets a good view.

Mygtar 08-29-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a lot of new players at B&M think they have to keep their chips to the side since that is the way they see it done on TV. I guess they want to be sure the hole card cam gets a good view.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I had a young guy next to me a few weeks ago that kept putting his hole cards side by side like on "Poker Superstars" or "High Stakes Poker".

realjaydub 08-29-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I had a young guy next to me a few weeks ago that kept putting his hole cards side by side like on "Poker Superstars" or "High Stakes Poker".

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold, I should do that today....LOL

DayTripping 08-29-2007 10:20 PM

This player sounds like a nit of the year candidate, but since he's a Bellagio regular who plays 15-30 what else would you expect... As I've said before, the higher the limits the higher the nit factor.