Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I didn't want to build a pot oop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487117)

thedustbustr 08-27-2007 11:58 AM

Re: I didn\'t want to build a pot oop

[ QUOTE ]
this is such a typical "time to misapply a concept ssnl-nit stylie!" thread

[/ QUOTE ]
i can't tell if you're just trolling or if there is something intelligent behind this statement. care to elaborate?

thedustbustr 08-27-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop against a thinking player. Wouldn't you always bet this flop with a big hand? If villain is a thinking player he can raise your turn lead knowing that you don't have a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
even a thinking player isn't doing this with 100% of his range at these stakes. if he is, hopefully you'd pick up on it when he does it two or three times.

its just as easy for a thinker to float you off your hand if you bet.

Nielsio 08-27-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

jc1418 08-27-2007 12:26 PM

i bet the flop here

tubasteve 08-27-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity: What other hands would you check this flop with? QQ? Are we ever checking this flop with anything but a marginal hand with good showdown value?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about air? its not a super great flop to cbet so i would sometimes check behind esp against weaker players that would play crap like KJ/KT/etc

Mat Cauthon 08-27-2007 12:40 PM

Why do everybody want to check the flop, I don't get it. He very seldom has a better hand, but he could very well have quite a few outs. Is it because you are afraid we will be c/r:ed, or that we don't have that great an equity edge when we are called?

jc1418 08-27-2007 12:42 PM

for everyone who checks, do you fold when he bets 2/3 the pot?

dregal 08-27-2007 12:46 PM

Those who are advocating a flop bet...can you expand on your reasoning why?

Is it a value bet? If so, are we expecting a call from 88/1010/Jx type hands? Arent we more likely to get a call from those hands on the turn/river if we check the flop?

tubasteve 08-27-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do everybody want to check the flop, I don't get it. He very seldom has a better hand, but he could very well have quite a few outs. Is it because you are afraid we will be c/r:ed, or that we don't have that great an equity edge when we are called?

[/ QUOTE ]

because we have showdown value, and the last 2 things you said play a part but theyre also just reasons to try and get a cheaper showdown

Mat Cauthon 08-27-2007 12:55 PM

Oh.. I can see the check now.
I'm not sure it's the optimal play with my image though.