Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   50 Cent's Intelligence Level (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487047)

sightless 08-26-2007 11:20 PM

Re: 50 Cent\'s Intelligence Level

[ QUOTE ]
He's obv intelligent,

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know that

swingdoc 08-26-2007 11:24 PM

Unless you know the man personally and lived to tell the tale, how the hell can you say whether he is intelligent or not or has a high IQ or not? He could be brilliant, could be a dumbass. Based on the public info I'd put it at something like 4-1 odds that he's at least above average. Then again, there are a bajillion facets of intelligence as any good psychologist/educator will tell you, so asking this broadly is sort of useless.

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's obv intelligent,

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know that

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, just my guess based on his track record. Plenty of very talented entertainers have failed because they couldn't grasp how to transform those talents into commercial success. I think it takes a certain intelligence to be able to do that. Maybe he just surrounded himself with the best/brightest in the industry, I don't know, but I would err on the side of him understanding what to do to remain successful.

1aguilas 08-26-2007 11:25 PM

Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is supposed to measure your intelligence, so are you arguing that IQ is not a good measure of intelligence?

LetItBe 08-26-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is supposed to measure your intelligence, so are you arguing that IQ is not a good measure of intelligence?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just think there are different types of intelligence.

The Yugoslavian 08-26-2007 11:26 PM

50 cent is an extremely driven, quite talented, quite smart guy who got backed by the right guys at the right time.

He's also ridiculously insecure which is sorta sad, but I guess inevitable. Hopefully when Kanye slaughters him at the box office he can get not insecure.

Yugoslav

tuq 08-26-2007 11:27 PM

I think there is roughly a 100% chance that istewart will get one of his current accounts banned when he sees this thread.

pergesu 08-26-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's also ridiculously insecure which is sorta sad, but I guess inevitable. Hopefully when Kanye slaughters him at the box office he can get not insecure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kanye doesn't care about 50. I mean he probably respects that 50 does well, but I doubt he thinks of him as any kind of competition. Kanye's real competitor is JT.

wtf6192002 08-26-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend just recommended the new 50 Cent single, "I Get Money," to me. I'm pretty into rap and I like 50 a lot, so I downloaded. I listened to it and got to thinking, "Man, isn't there something else he can rap about?" I mean his other single from Curtis (new album) is entitled Straight to the Bank, and he obviously talks about making money in like every other song.

My friend replies: "Dude, what else can he rap about? If he took an IQ test, he'd be borderline retarded."

I completely disagree with these sentiments. The guy is worth roughly $100 million, and he obviously didn't come from a very affluent background.

So, is 50 just merely marketable, or is their actually some brains behind the bank?

[/ QUOTE ]

100 Million? He got 400 million from vitamin water alone.

Plus hes not just rapping about money. His [censored] is way deeper than that [censored] kanye west that pretends to have something to say.

Plus whats wrong with Getting Money. Thats the motha [censored] point. You work hard to get out of that environment and get a little something.

siccjay 08-26-2007 11:49 PM

It's sad because he used to be really dope and interesting rapper. Money and fame can water down the best of them though.