Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   August Monthly [censored] Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485430)

SmileyEH 08-25-2007 12:27 PM

Re: August Monthly [censored] Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby,

How long have you been doing HIIT? From what I've read, it's a good idea to take a week or two off every 6-8 weeks of it. I don't see the harm in skipping a few days to give your legs some extra recovery time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a week off every 8 weeks is good advice for any trainee. Too bad I'm retarded and just injure myself every 2 months instead of taking a voluntary week off.

cbloom 08-25-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my weights down to 140 pounds and i benched 145 for a few reps, my friend told me thatīs a milestone so thatīs good. iīm going to start with olympic lifting, squatting and deadlifting now i couldnīt before due to leg injury and fear that my bad form will get me injured. thereīs still a chance iīm going to injury myself with bad form but these excercises are too helpful to not do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, benching BW is a great milestone. Now work on getting your squat to 2X BW and you'll be in good form.

fatgirl_lover 08-25-2007 02:04 PM

quick question, say i pulled-strained my hamstring about 15 days agoand it{s a lotbetter but ifi do hard sprinting or stretch it i can feel it. should i be stretching it out a lot, stretching itlightly or just leave itbe until its all better?

Packard 08-25-2007 02:43 PM

I don't CLA works very well. It's been in supplement form 10+ years since EAS started selling it and it never really caught on. If it actually made noticeable difference in reasonable doses, it would have caught on by now.

I would use the $ to buy fish oil, protein powder, creatine and stuff that works [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thremp 08-25-2007 06:01 PM

Beerfest is today. And in celebration I will have a contest. Person who gets the closest to my actual amount of drinks consumed tonight (cup is small and beers are small. I will couple beerfest beers with actual drinks at bars after) will be spared from derisive commentary for the next week.

Facts to help:
1) I've eaten 2 pieces of toast today. Might have some milk before I peace out.
2) I'm an average drinker. Not very "hardcore".
3) I will end up out to possibly 3-4. Who knows.
4) Beerfest is ~3 hours but there are lines.

If I blackout/passout/vomit I will spare everyone from anything negative for the remainder of the week.

Lets gogogogogogogogoogogogo

Soh 08-25-2007 06:33 PM

Weight
5/29 - 125 lbs
Now - 135 lbs

Dumbbell Squat
6/24 - 40 lbs
Now - 125 lbs

Dumbbell Deadlift
6/25 - 65 lbs
Now - 130 lbs

Dumbbell Bench Press
6/23 - 60 lbs
Now - 100 lbs

Dumbbell Press
7/2 - 60 lbs
Now - 75 lbs

Long way to go, but I'm improving.

Soh

Rootabager 08-26-2007 04:24 AM

last year when I went to "brew at the zoo" i prolly drank 30 beers before puking.

i would say you will drink 14

kyleb 08-26-2007 04:56 AM

do i has potential? picture of me after my baseball game today.

http://www.baseballdelusions.com/images/kyleb826.jpg

@ 200 lbs (not including ice sleeve)

headed back to cleveland for a few weeks - going to keep up the running and HIIT and stay away from baseball drills. i need the break.

Thremp 08-26-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
last year when I went to "brew at the zoo" i prolly drank 30 beers before puking.

i would say you will drink 14

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one to guess. Ipso facto he wins. He will be spared from all commentary that is poor in nature. In fact I think I will spare everyone from that.

Choo Choo

Side Note: Kyle, looking very good. I'm impressed. Possibly in March I will post photos. Unless Smiley captures photos of me while I swing up there in Nov. But keep in mind I'm bulking. No lights babay....

hanster 08-26-2007 08:30 AM

All the ravings from bb.com and here made me start doing HIIT last Monday. I started last week with 4 30 seconds and now am very comfortable with 4~5 of them. I am not lifting, though. Thoughts? I am going back to the States in 3 weeks and that's when I think I will start lifting.

colin,
I played bball the other day. Despite running almost every single day for two months, not playing any bball during that time period really made me feel uncomfortable. I felt sluggish, but not the type of sluggish one would feel after 2 months hiatus of exercise. =/