Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Is Phil lying about his mega-money off the table? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483731)

ElGuapo23 08-23-2007 04:10 AM

Re: Is Phil lying about his mega-money off the table?

I heard Phil owned a part of the company that makes Vitamin Water. When they sold to Coke he made $400 million.

xxGreat1xx 08-23-2007 09:36 AM

doesn't he also have an energy drink or something? Never seen it but i think i heard that

Rottersod 08-23-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Phil owned a part of the company that makes Vitamin Water. When they sold to Coke he made $400 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if that was true you don't really believe that he made the entire $400 million do you? He was probably one of several dozen or more investors and who knows what his participation percentage was?

Jooka 08-23-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if that was true you don't really believe that he made the entire $400 million do you? He was probably one of several dozen or more investors and who knows what his participation percentage was?

[/ QUOTE ]

its possible he made that much since it sold for 4.2 billion. 50 cent made 400 million off the sale according to wikipedia for owning 10%.

Rottersod 08-23-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its possible he made that much since it sold for 4.2 billion. 50 cent made 400 million off the sale according to wikipedia for owning 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Jooka 08-23-2007 02:39 PM

you can laugh at wikipedia but the only thing that would be in dispute in this case is if he really does own 10%. Its a fact it sold for 4.2 billion. which 10% of is 420 million.

Mr_Mxyztplk 08-23-2007 05:20 PM

6 months ago i heard that phil was on the borrow.

critikal 08-23-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That post was a level referring to the 50cent rumor...

LonesomeFugitive 08-24-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was saying 100mil net worth btw. Not per year

[/ QUOTE ]
He has at least 10 mil, maybe 20 mil but nowhere near 100 mil you must be crazy. Still, 10 or 20 mill is enough to take care of phil's family and any family unless you are latrell sprewell.

xxGreat1xx 08-24-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was saying 100mil net worth btw. Not per year

[/ QUOTE ]
He has at least 10 mil, maybe 20 mil but nowhere near 100 mil you must be crazy. Still, 10 or 20 mill is enough to take care of phil's family and any family unless you are latrell sprewell.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he takes ~10% of his NET worth to the big game, not just his poker bank roll but his whole net worth??? He's a jackass but he's smarter than that. You can hate the guy, just as I do, but he is making bank