Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The return of eChecks on PokerStars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483045)

crosse91 08-21-2007 06:17 PM

Re: The return of eChecks on PokerStars

I just got the pop up, and will use it to fund my account.

jasonHoldEm 08-21-2007 06:24 PM

::happy dance::

LearnedfromTV 08-21-2007 06:44 PM

tried it out for $25, worked fine.

4thstreetpete 08-21-2007 06:47 PM

Did Pokerstars set up their own bank? If every site had this echeck thing it would be a snap to deposit/withdraw funds. Good times are here again! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sean Fraley 08-21-2007 06:53 PM

I noticed that most of the people who got this (including me) are from lower limits. This is probably offered to American's with smaller bankrolls and therefore more likely to be at lower stakes. Since depositing is more difficult at the moment, it is more difficult for American fish to keep putting in money to play (in other words lose) at higher stakes cash games and the tournaments with more expensive buy-ins. Since this is the group that fuels most of the economy at a poker site, it would make sense to offer eCheck to this group first.

swityak11 08-21-2007 07:33 PM

I'm definitely in the small stakes casual player group but I haven't deposited PokerStars in over a year. I'll definitely deposit more though just so I can withdrawal via this method.

It seems very convenient.

whangarei 08-21-2007 07:36 PM

Ha anybody tried to withdraw using E-checks. If that works it's essentially a replacement for Neteller for Stars players, which would be friggin awesome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lol_variance 08-21-2007 09:38 PM

Add one more fish to the pond. Seamless deposit of 200 bucks went through in about 5 seconds. Thanks Stars!!!

TheProdigy 08-21-2007 09:46 PM

Not only small stakes nobodies..I am SN at 1/2,2/4nl and got invited, so they are inviting people across the board. The deposit went through quickly and am trying to cashout soon.

Jeffage 08-21-2007 09:47 PM

I got offered this too. Anyone think banks will give heat on this? Obviously it's working now, but I'm curious what everyone foresees in the long-term (esp. w/ big cashouts going direct to your bank, etc). How has Stars been able to do this when other sites can't? Obviously, if it works for the longterm w/o problem, this could be a great thing for online poker.

Jeff