Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Mulholland Drive (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481246)

LionelHutz00 08-19-2007 07:16 PM

Re: Mulholland Drive

[ QUOTE ]
that part in lost highway where bill pullman runs into robert blake looking like a [censored] vampire at a party and blake says 'we've met before' and pullmans like 'i don't think so, where?' and blake goes 'at your house' and pullmans like 'no way' and blake goes 'yes we did, and as a matter of fact I'M THERE RIGHT NOW' and pullmans all 'wtf' and then blake gives him a cell phone and says 'go ahead, call your house' and pullman calls the house and blake answers and says 'told you i was here' and pullmans like 'wtf who are you' and and both blakes start laughing and blake goes 'GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE'

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg seriously that's like the creepiest scene evar. [censored] i'm gonna watch that movie tonight.

Triumph36 08-19-2007 07:52 PM

lost highway is a beat

watch eraserhead, that movie [censored] with my head for weeks

LionelHutz00 08-19-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lost highway is a beat

watch eraserhead, that movie [censored] with my head for weeks

[/ QUOTE ]
i like them both. I did not like Inland Empire though.

Kevroc 08-20-2007 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hudge brag.

i have a boring interpretation of the movie, but rly who cares - lesbian sex scene and naomi watts crying and masturbating ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved this movie, saw it three times the first week it came out... i'd be interested in Triumph's theory.

Jiganti 08-20-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hudge brag.

i have a boring interpretation of the movie, but rly who cares - lesbian sex scene and naomi watts crying and masturbating ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved this movie, saw it three times the first week it came out... i'd be interested in Triumph's theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like I need to see this [censored].

Maple Leafs 08-20-2007 12:46 PM

The movie was originally supposed to be a TV series. When the network decided not to pick it up, Lynch turned it into a movie. That's why the first half has a cleaner look and a bunch of stories that never go anywhere, while the second half gets even more messed up.

The "I'm afraid to look around that corner" scene is probably the most genuinely frightening few minutes I've ever seen in a movie.

Lurker. 08-20-2007 12:48 PM

the leafs [censored] blow donkey dick

LionelHutz00 08-20-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The "I'm afraid to look around that corner" scene is probably the most genuinely frightening few minutes I've ever seen in a movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is amazing filmmaking that he can make something like an ugly bum popping out from behind a wall and not doing anything into something so terrifying. Think about all the ridiculous, violent things that happen in horror movies. None of that [censored] has the effect that the diner scene has in Mulholland Drive and it all revolves around something that's pretty mundane. Awesome.

Maple Leafs 08-20-2007 01:00 PM

Here's a good analysis of what may be happening in the movie:
http://archive.salon.com/ent/movies/...rive_analysis/

Triumph36 08-20-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is amazing filmmaking that he can make something like an ugly bum popping out from behind a wall and not doing anything into something so terrifying. Think about all the ridiculous, violent things that happen in horror movies. None of that [censored] has the effect that the diner scene has in Mulholland Drive and it all revolves around something that's pretty mundane. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention, that diner scene is also [censored] hilarious - the guy listening to the story is such a patronizing [censored], and the other guy such a self-important douche - david lynch dialogue cracks me up, there's nothing like it anywhere.