Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Maybe interesting hand, live TS, 10/20. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480429)

ahnuld 08-19-2007 10:59 AM

Re: Maybe interesting hand, live TS, 10/20.

[ QUOTE ]
fold the river, he has 77 and knows you have a deuce or a busted flush draw, so he may as well go for a big score. if he was bluffing, he'd bet much smaller into that range of hands.

as for the earlier streets, i'm in favor of all as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but hes not smart enough for this to apply.

edit: haha results prove me right, what a moran!

ahnuld 08-19-2007 11:01 AM

I woulf [censored] with him on the turn and make it like 1000

edit: maybe not, that actually gives a flush draw proper odds. but I really hate just calling the turn and I hate pushing. I def. wanna reraise. If I had been making some small 3 bets (which I do a good amount in my game) then id pull it out here. If not id just push.

jlocdog 08-19-2007 12:20 PM

Bobbo,

When I read the post, the main spot in this hand was what your range of him was and HOW LIGHT he was willing to call with it. This would justify a turn call or raise one way or the other. Do you think he will call/shove with a FD? How about A7s? If the answer is no, then I think you played the hand perfectly. But a main factor in this hand is image of you. You're a reckless young punk in his eyes which significantly widens his calling range. Whether or not enough to make a hero call here is what needs to be deciphered.

DJ,

Your level comment is right on.

Ship Ship McGipp 08-19-2007 12:24 PM

Re: Results

1150 on the turn

as played call river

TheWorstPlayer 08-19-2007 03:18 PM

snap call river

fslexcduck 08-19-2007 03:56 PM

I wouldn't reraise the turn because his most likely hands as an UTG limper are big spades or A2s or 77. So you're crushed by his range that gives you action on a reraise, and you're deep enough that reverse implied odds become an issue.

As for the hand - my general rule of thumb is... if the guy is an assclown and I can only put him on one reasonable hand that beats me (77), he's bluffing too often to fold. So I call.

BobboFitos 08-19-2007 04:00 PM

just wanted to chime in one more thing, (was telling vanessa this on aim) the other reason i opted not to call is if i called and lost, id have to go back to my room for more money, and i was feeling like i didnt want to walk back there. meh, take it for what it's worth.

TheWorstPlayer 08-19-2007 04:59 PM

borrow from s123

EC10 08-19-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold the river, he has 77 and knows you have a deuce or a busted flush draw, so he may as well go for a big score. if he was bluffing, he'd bet much smaller into that range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]lol

aislephive 08-19-2007 07:02 PM

I'd call river very quickly live, he is representing one better hand pretty much, obv 33 is pretty remote here. Your description of him making a lot of bad flop raises and stuff means he could easily play a flush draw like this, or a 2x hand we split with. Your image is also one that promotes weaker players to come after you, so that also makes me call here.