Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I folded a set, everyone thinks I suck (400NL) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479889)

obiedman 08-17-2007 02:48 PM

Re: I folded a set, everyone thinks I suck

[ QUOTE ]
everyone is right

[/ QUOTE ]

in my experience, many players are very suspicious when you lead the turn after the flop goes check check. it causes a lot of people to bluffraise you, and not all these people will give up on teh river when called on the turn.

also, wtf clubs missed cawl plz.

edit: as somebody else said, if you can't felt this, maybe you shouldn't be playing 44

ola roids 08-17-2007 02:50 PM

Re: I folded a set, everyone thinks I suck (400NL)

[ QUOTE ]
You called preflop with 44. Please name for us five boards you feel comfortable getting it in with this betting action by the river, with a single 4 on board.

Take 44 out of the playbook if you can't get it in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't have said it better

JooWish622 08-17-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think about the hands taht are shoving the river d cal.. they include K two pairs and even high aces.

those are hands you're beating. you have more hands that you're are beating given the action, so call.

hell, because of your flop check, lets put rando hands in there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, i thought the OP had A4... not 44.

this is even worse than i originally thought.

willw9 08-17-2007 02:56 PM

You are thinking way too much. There is some very simple math for this, actually.

Set + 100BB deep = ARRR IN

FireStorm 08-17-2007 03:06 PM

Interestingly enough few mentioned the possibility of missed clubs (although there aren't many club hands that Villain can have given image). Even more reason to snapcall here.

linuxrocks 08-17-2007 03:14 PM

I can't believe that you folded this. He probably had AK, though Ak would bet the flop. Is that why you are thinking so much into this hand? What made you think that hea had AA or KK?

lippy 08-17-2007 03:15 PM

This is AK like 600% of the time, yes?

Mossberg 08-17-2007 03:22 PM

this is a great spot to practice your fist-pump.

u srsly folded? oh man.

Mench 08-17-2007 03:23 PM

i fold sets sometimes. i just dont post on 2+2 for advice, because I know I will get told I am wrong. So just make big folds and feel good about them, just dont tell anyone.

AAismyfriend 08-17-2007 03:25 PM

I don't think this guy ever shows up with missed clubs here or AQ/AJ. He has AK/AA/KK every time here. But to echo what others have said, you shouldn't be playing this hand if you're going to fold when you flop a set, and this situation is so opponent specific it's hard to get a good answer here. Generally, these I fold a set for 100BB threads are just gonna get WTF responses. As for the hand, you're toast on the river usually, but I'd call just because he can have AK.