Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Interesting Spot vs Apestyles in 100R (SB BB) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477470)

mirrorman 08-14-2007 05:16 PM

Re: Interesting Spot vs Apestyles in 100R (SB BB)

[ QUOTE ]
Call and flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my thoughts exactly.

THEOSU 08-14-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call and flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this implying that we are not really willing to stack off w/ 88 w/o flopping a set post flop in this spot? Cause if it is you guys are crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's implying that we call and hit a set every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

the hand does become much easier to play if an 8ball flops.

aaaaaaaa 08-14-2007 06:55 PM

rooth made smae post on p5's and i made this reply. i flat call here. 1)because he is best player at table 2)he is only persono who can bust u 3) because u have position. busto soon replyed with 1),2) are reasons for reraise/calling. i think these are 3 good reasons to kkeep the pot small and not reraise what do u guys think?

Ship Ship McGipp 08-14-2007 07:03 PM

calling is without a doubt my standard

Double Ice 08-14-2007 07:15 PM

okay sorry i am a bad player, but explain why 4k/call is good? you commit yourself with the raise (given yourself .38 for breakeven call of a shove), and if he shoves on you, you are well behind his range [?] ( < 40% ). isn't this putting yourself in a bad spot?

Ansky 08-14-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay sorry i am a bad player, but explain why 4k/call is good? you commit yourself with the raise (given yourself .38 for breakeven call of a shove), and if he shoves on you, you are well behind his range [?] ( < 40% ). isn't this putting yourself in a bad spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as he thinks u can have garbage when u 3bet, he will think he can sometimes have folding equity. Apestyles is good but also crazy aggro. Don't be afraid to give a super aggro player rope to be super aggro even if you have a marginal hand.

freehat 08-15-2007 12:17 AM

If you have an agrresive image verse ape and 3 bet frequently you can 3 bet call a shove.

If you have a tighter image then take a flop.

NoahSD 08-15-2007 01:52 AM

It just depends what his 4-bet range is. If he's pretty aggro and expects you to be, you have to 3-bet/call.

My default against a decent tourney player would be 3-bet/call.

Calling here is a pretty big diss to apestyles. Your 3-bet range should be pretty wide here since if you make it like 4.2k you basically force him to fold or commit all 17.5k, so if he's not 4-betting light enough to make 3-bet/call here good, one of you is playing pretty bad.

mikeJ 08-15-2007 01:57 AM

Getting 60 bbs in w/ 88, even bvb, seems really gross. I don't play w/ ape that much, but that seems like a bad line vs. a looot of players. Call is far and away the best option, imo.

Bond18 08-15-2007 04:00 AM

Does apestyles ever 4 bet quite light vs an aggro opponent bvb? If so i prefer 3 bet/call. If i think he's not going to get that creative this early in the tournament, i call.