Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NLCASH $200, deepstacked with TP2K (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476921)

creedofhubris 08-14-2007 08:48 PM

Re: NLCASH $200, deepstacked with TP2K

I think this is more likely to be the nuts (AK+) or a total whiff than some of the hands people have suggested.

Keep in mind that the turn check cannot serve as pot control since there's only one pot-sized bet left.

PartysOver 08-14-2007 09:06 PM

are there more 4b pots you've played where he's taken a similar line on the turn and you've taken it away?

i think this is a fold, AK is likely a call. this is definetly a fold if the answer above is a yes.

Tempest122 08-14-2007 09:58 PM

I had K2o, i get really really bored playing 1/2 and do retarded [censored] a lot of the time because I don't care about the money. If you are playing against me at 1/2 or 2/4 and I do something that makes no sense you should call because i'm probably tilting or very bored.

KakiTee 08-14-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did u call him?

I would really like to see what he had.

[/ QUOTE ]
pay2see surrr.

- i like to think he has a suited connector here, probably AK, unless you think he's spastic enough to have top set.

cwar 08-14-2007 10:57 PM

Grunch,
Calling the initial 4bet will always put you in a terrible spot postflop unless you are a planning on running a decent amount of bluffs postflop which would mean villain has a huge 4bet range here (I dunno if you were). 90% of the time Im just going to 5bet or fold this preflop unless I think I can get a lot of credit by cold calling the 4bet.

jay_shark 08-14-2007 11:49 PM

His play is confusing enough to warrant a call . You just need to win around 33% of the time to show a profit . Also , there is a possibility that he may have the same hand as yours since there are 8 AK hands and 6 AQ hands which isn't much of a difference .
The call pre-flop is questionable and probably worth a fold but that's besides the point .

creedofhubris 08-15-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The call pre-flop is questionable and probably worth a fold but that's besides the point .

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't fold, hand too strong. Deep enough to call instead of push.

easycall 08-15-2007 01:50 AM

I still think this is a call.

I ended up playing this guy later, short session, he took a few buy-ins off me...after playing him I think this is a call even more than I already did. I was like 70/30 call but I think it's more like 90/10.

tautomer 08-15-2007 02:54 AM

Look at it from the villain's perspective. Unless you are a really trappy player he has a pretty easy shove no matter his holdings, considering the action.

dd323 08-15-2007 09:14 AM

I think after you didn't have the odds to call the 4-bet if you could possibly fold here. Your hand looks a lot like KK or QQ and if its a supped up match I could see a very good or very spewy villian turning jj into a bluff here. I really think this is either a fold preflop or a call here. I would have just pushed myself on the flop hoping for a call from A-rag or KK/QQ making a hero call. You probably aren't getting any more value on later streets anyway, and I think the flop is your best shot, and you don't allow for 2-6 outers to hit. Then again, I push the flop a lot in re-raised pots.