Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Favorite Uncomfortable Sports Broadcasting Moments (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=475051)

miajag 08-11-2007 03:20 PM

Re: Favorite Uncomfortable Sports Broadcasting Moments

Yeah, not really as bad as I remember, still pretty funny though.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 08-11-2007 03:30 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the time Bob Costas said "These spooks sure can jump", after he thought they had already cut to commercial.

bdk3clash 08-11-2007 03:33 PM

I'wasn't able to find any clips, but there were many memorable late 80s/early 90s Harry Carry/Steve Stone exchanges while calling Cubs games for WGN. Stone was (and is) a great play-by-play guy, and his attempts to keep the focus on the game during one of Caray's famous non-sequitirs (like how good the ribs he had last night for dinner were) during pivotal moments were classic.

From Wikipedia:
[ QUOTE ]
In 1987 the Cubs had Ryne Sandberg, Jim Sundberg, and Scott Sanderson on the roster. Caray often confused these names and it was not uncommon for him to refer to "Jim Sandberg", "Ryne Sanderson", or "Scott Sundberg."

[/ QUOTE ]

Misfire 08-11-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For instance... Joe Namath drunkenly hitting on Suzy Kolber, or Rush Limbaugh making racially motivated remarks on an ESPN sportscenter...

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone with an ounce of listening comprehension knows that Rush was accusing others in the media of being racially motivated.

[/ QUOTE ]
And anyone with an ounce of common sense and perceptiveness knows he did that because Rush is too racist to comprehend a talented/successful black quarterback

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe McNabb wasn't performing too well around that time. Linky

udbrky 08-11-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'wasn't able to find any clips, but there were many memorable late 80s/early 90s Harry Carry/Steve Stone exchanges while calling Cubs games for WGN. Stone was (and is) a great play-by-play guy, and his attempts to keep the focus on the game during one of Caray's famous non-sequitirs (like how good the ribs he had last night for dinner were) during pivotal moments were classic.

From Wikipedia:
[ QUOTE ]
In 1987 the Cubs had Ryne Sandberg, Jim Sundberg, and Scott Sanderson on the roster. Caray often confused these names and it was not uncommon for him to refer to "Jim Sandberg", "Ryne Sanderson", or "Scott Sundberg."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haray Caray was the best at saying things that made no sense, or were uncomfortable.

"Asos, that's Sosa backwards!"

"Now up, Raphael Palermo"

I was convinced the Cubs traded Palmeiro because Haray couldn't pronounce his name.

I sure miss that guy.

TheNoodleMan 08-11-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

From Wikipedia:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haray Caray was the best at saying things that made no sense, or were uncomfortable.

"Asos, that's Sosa backwards!"

"Now up, Raphael Palermo"

I was convinced the Cubs traded Palmeiro because Haray couldn't pronounce his name.

I sure miss that guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They traded him because he [censored] Sandberg's wife.

TheNoodleMan 08-11-2007 03:58 PM

Majerus: Im not a big gay guy

Jack Bando 08-11-2007 03:59 PM

It was last year, I forget which Sunday Night Football game, but it was right after halftime fireworks in a dome and Al goes nuts screaming about how it's a fire hazard.

dlk9s 08-11-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marino screws up, freaks out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I had never seen that before and I was actually quite uncomfortable watching it.

The B 08-11-2007 04:11 PM

Billy Packer really [censored] out on that one...

drumroll please for Imus clip