Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I fold top pair on turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473548)

johnnylovescandy 08-09-2007 09:27 PM

Re: I fold top pair on turn

3-bet the turn...

sethypooh21 08-09-2007 09:59 PM

Q9s is my co standard, but if Btn is not terribly loose or aggro, Q8 is playable

TheHip41 08-09-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Q9s is my co standard, but if Btn is not terribly loose or aggro, Q8 is playable

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm going to change my answer

if you actually call this flop, it's your job to 3bet the turn when you hit your "out"

so you hit, 3town

sebastien 08-09-2007 10:26 PM

i see stox fold T9o button when always fold.
This hand really don t make money here??
i m a new laptop, little db 25k hand and i m -0.06BB/100, some guy make money with that hand??

Oink 08-10-2007 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you actually call this flop, it's your job to 3bet the turn when you hit your "out"

so you hit, 3town

[/ QUOTE ]

While I disagree with the logic in this I probably have to start folding more flops. If nothing else to prevent future flaming in SSSH.

Well at least I made the right decision on the turn.

Preflop is a raise for me and the posts in this thread reasures me that most posters here play to rigid preflop. Q7s is not standard and if both the button and SB were loose i would prolly fold Q9s. However in this spot the button and SB were fairly tight the BB looked bad and my image was good.

Anyways ty for responses and I realize now that the eq calcs actually was an argument for folding teh flop.

vmacosta 08-10-2007 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you hit, 3town

[/ QUOTE ]

While I disagree with the logic in this I probably have to start folding more flops. If nothing else to prevent future flaming in SSSH.

Preflop is a raise for me and the posts in this thread reasures me that most posters here play to rigid preflop. Q7s is not standard and if both the button and SB were loose i would prolly fold Q9s. However in this spot the button and SB were fairly tight the BB looked bad and my image was good.

Anyways ty for responses and I realize now that the eq calcs actually was an argument for folding teh flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

oink,
my guess is you're running good atm if you're *sure* that opening q7s in the cutoff is the right play. Nobody has enough data on these kinds of things to say for sure and we all know from experience that what "feels" right isn't always +ev.

That said, my "feel" says its probably not a big deal either way if none of the players left to act are lags.

Oink 08-10-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you hit, 3town

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oink,
my guess is you're running good atm if you're *sure* that opening q7s in the cutoff is the right play. Nobody has enough data on these kinds of things to say for sure and we all know from experience that what "feels" right isn't always +ev.

That said, my "feel" says its probably not a big deal either way if none of the players left to act are lags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not confident about Q7s in CO at all. Like you my "feel" is that Q7s (maybe Q6s) is the lowest Qxs I should play here given the table setup. In other spots I would fold Q8s and sometimes Q9s.

sethypooh21 08-10-2007 01:38 PM

PF is meh in a vacuum, whatever. PF is terrible if you can't fold this flop after getting 3-bet.

milesdyson 08-10-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is meh in a vacuum, whatever. PF is terrible if you can't fold this flop after getting 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
just playing internet poker is terrible in that case, isn't it? sorry oink i really do love your breasts.

CrayZee 08-10-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for future reference, if you are peeling the flop with no pair and no draw and 1 over, when you actually hit your over, and you still have to fold, that means you should have probably folded the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only read the first page of replies, but this is what I was thinking. As played, the turn fold is good.

What is OP drawing to on the flop 3-way? A discounted sucker's backdoor straight draw with a weak over? Don't seem like a good idea...