Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I cannot win on pokerstars. Reasons ?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472389)

uDevil 08-08-2007 01:35 PM

Re: I cannot win on pokerstars. Reasons ??

[ QUOTE ]

AA 971 times
KK 882
QQ 929
JJ 785
1010 1032

Out of 84 thousand hands. My aces are winning 80% of the time but nothing else is winnign over 65% with kings being at 64 and queens at 61%

[/ QUOTE ]

Add me to the nonbeliever list. If these numbers were right, you'd be a big winner, not a whiner.

keikiwai 08-08-2007 01:52 PM

OP,

You're suffering form what in the game theory world is known as over-optimization. In other words in certain games vs. multiple opponents, if all your opponents are playing very far from optimal, the standard multi player optimal game becomes a losing one.

cliff notes: the tables are too fishy to beat

prodonkey 08-08-2007 02:11 PM

So you get T's+ 5.5% of your hands, and you don't win? You're doing it wrong!

Assani Fisher 08-08-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but there is simply no way you got dealt this many big pairs unless its rigged

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Assani Fisher 08-08-2007 02:17 PM

I definitely don't think its rigged, but just FWIW my results approx. on all the sites I've played:

Party: +$175,000
FT: +$7500(just started playing there)
Stars: -$30,000

jafeather 08-08-2007 02:34 PM

Let's see some HHs to confirm this. Otherwise shut the [censored] up and go the [censored] away. Jesus Christ do you have any [censored] idea how sick and [censored] tired people are of these stupid [censored] retarded posts that do absolutely nothing to back up their ridiculous [censored] claims??????

Homer 08-08-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA 971 times
KK 882
QQ 929
JJ 785
1010 1032

[/ QUOTE ]

On average, you'll get each pocket pair 380 times over 84,000 hands. The standard deviation is 19.5. Getting aces 971 times is therefore a 30 standard deviation event. It is safe to say that you are either lying or that it wasn't 84,000 hands.

Just to give you some idea of how unlikely a 30 SD event is, the likelihood of only a 7 SD event is 1 in 776 billion.

qpw 08-08-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see some HHs to confirm this. Otherwise shut the [censored] up and go the [censored] away. Jesus Christ do you have any [censored] idea how sick and [censored] tired people are of these stupid [censored] retarded posts that do absolutely nothing to back up their ridiculous [censored] claims??????

[/ QUOTE ]
You want him to provide HH's to prove +$182,500 -$30,000?

For God's sake, Assani, if you do, just don't post them in a thread!

DMoogle 08-08-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually I report posts like these, but goddammit I agree so much.

Actually OnlinePro, it's been a while since you've posted one of your infamous "rigged" posts. I'm surprised you don't have a custom title yet. Oh yeah, FWIW (not that you'll believe me or some [censored]) I'm in the green at every level I've played at Pokerstars. And I've played Limit and NL there.

qpw 08-08-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually I report posts like these, but goddammit I agree so much.

Actually OnlinePro

[/ QUOTE ]

OnlinePro?

His post was "Re: Assani".

Even if you agree with the sentiment, the peppering of 'censored's all over the place makes the post look oafish, and all but unreadable.