Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   KJs in SB vs PFR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471947)

Oink 08-08-2007 04:59 PM

Re: KJs in SB vs PFR

@ Hip

WTF..? I am never half right but always 100% right!

[ QUOTE ]
why are you betting? what hand is going to call you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worse J's, pp's and Tx

[ QUOTE ]
a key here is, the villian might bluff with PP, but may fold if we bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I dont see how we can ever expect that...

[ QUOTE ]
He will also bet and Q, J, and probably T if he check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Him checking behind a T or J is fairly likely IMO

[ QUOTE ]
HE can't really have a J or T, unless he's horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an unknown at 0.5/1

FWIW I dont think betting is super standard and there are prolly villains out there where c/c is better. I was mostly chocked by people wanting to call the raise.

TheDudeChad 08-08-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW I dont think betting is super standard and there are prolly villains out there where c/c is better. I was mostly chocked by people wanting to call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm sure you're right, a few things:

1. I have seen many villains try desperation bluffs with busted flush draws, busted straight draws (not many here, but still possible), or even something like 44. Of course, getting 9:1 is probably not enough hoping to catch a pure bluff.

2. Bet/folding a river in a blind/button battle is going to make people take a ton of shots at you in similar situations.

I think not bet/folding with marginal hands may be a leak of mine. On a scale of 1-10, how big of a mistake do you think calling this river is?

Oink 08-08-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a scale of 1-10, how big of a mistake do you think calling this river is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoting metagame reasons for calling is just not good enough.

- People are grossly overestimating how often this gets bluff raised
- An unknown a 0.5/1 is not going to go nuts on the river just cuz you bet/fold a few times

That said you should off course take Shania into consideration, however, this does not mean blindly calling down. It means making more calls after bet/folding a few times and making more folds after a few loose call downs.

TheDudeChad 08-08-2007 05:39 PM

Thanks Oink.

Another leak to plug...

simonmfromgu 08-08-2007 08:00 PM

Hi,

thanks a lot for your participation.

Indeed, I was shown QJ. However, I don't think b/f is right against an unknown. For sure, I might be beaten, and I might be beaten quite often.
But the pot is quite big at this point and I'm pretty sure you'll catch sby raising this river with a worse J, Tx, a busted draw or even 72o more than once in 10.

Of course, I might induce a (semi)bluff with a less J, Tx, a smaller PP or a air again, but I doubt this overbalances the b/c line.

Kind regards