Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dealer Comments On Your Play -- What Do You Do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467412)

*TT* 08-02-2007 12:28 PM

Re: Dealer Comments On Your Play -- What Do You Do?

[ QUOTE ]
I would have said,"Why are you talking to me like you know me?"

Then never tip him again. Unless you have a relationship with the guy, a sarcastic comment like that=NO TIPS EVA, and its not even close. No need to tell the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Mirage, you will be asked to leave the poker room if you announce to the table that you don't intend to tip.

Tipping is a personal decision, once you share your no tipping policy with the table you might be breaking the rules. As I said earlier, go see the floor.

*TT* 08-02-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just tell the floor

[/ QUOTE ]

The ONLY correct answer in this thread. Take a break from the table, walk away, tell the floor. The dealer will be "reeducated" in private after his or her down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's been 2-3 weeks since this happened, do you think it's too late to mention it to a floorperson or supervisor?

[/ QUOTE ]

better late than never.

pocketpared 08-02-2007 12:31 PM

Ask him how $7 in 30 seconds stacks up against his pay scale.
Then forget it ever happened.

Jimbo 08-02-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the Mirage, you will be asked to leave the poker room if you announce to the table that you don't intend to tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

What genius came up with that rule? I'd like to see it in print.

Jimbo

brian4cards 08-02-2007 12:34 PM

telling the floor will do next to nothing. some matters must be taken into ones own hands. next time they come to deal at your table and you are in the one or ten seat, slide some rusty tacks onto their chair before they sit down.

youtalkfunny 08-02-2007 12:36 PM

When a player starts complaining about the way I deal, I playfully warn them, "Look, if you want to keep talking about the way I deal, I'll have to start talking about the way you play."

I'm sure this can be fitted to the OP's situation.

xx44 08-02-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have said,"Why are you talking to me like you know me?"

Then never tip him again. Unless you have a relationship with the guy, a sarcastic comment like that=NO TIPS EVA, and its not even close. No need to tell the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tipping is a personal decision, once you share your no tipping policy with the table you might be breaking the rules. As I said earlier, go see the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not say that op should announce that he will not be tipping. I said that op should've immediately responded to dealer's remark thereby putting him on notice as to why he will not be receiving future tips.Then just play normally sans tips to the dealer with the smart mouth.

Why get the floor involved if matter can be easily handled yourself?

BTW, tx for the Rio recommendation to me for PLO $5-$5 a couple of months back, sweet game.

AngusThermopyle 08-02-2007 12:41 PM

"Those who can, play. Those who can't, deal"

"I've seen how you play and I will treat your criticism accordingly."

***** You are ignoring this dealer ******

*TT* 08-02-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why get the floor involved if matter can be easily handled yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is a matter that cannot be solved by yourself. The floor's job is to manager the staff, to educate them why comments like this are wrong. The core of the problem is not that the dealer is making comments, its that the dealer doesn't know why he should not be making comments. Let the floorperson do his or her job, they WANT you to turn to them.

*TT* 08-02-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What genius came up with that rule? I'd like to see it in print.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact Donna Harris, she is the boss.