Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Drug Posts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465507)

NHFunkii 07-31-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Drug Posts

[ QUOTE ]
this is a joke justin, you getting all emo on us. I kind of wish you didn't have a good wsop now and would of left poker and thus left as a mod. We have fun sorry you aren't included in this clique for once and now are having a hissy fit because others are having more public fun without you being in the circle.

I just hope one of your half ass weekly attempts at business work so we don't need to deal with you and your big bad ban stick. Long live augie; Bond4mod.

Also, this is the most improper punctuation and grammer I will attempt to ever use.

~VOLCANOWNED

[/ QUOTE ]

wait is this post serious? I thought it was a joke but justin responded seriously

sorry but he's right, these posts have been retarded and are pretty much pure bbv4l

EC10 07-31-2007 01:56 PM

i think the type of posts that jurollo and ZBT want to put an end to are what make mttc a much tighter community than any other 2p2 subforum.

ASPoker8 07-31-2007 01:58 PM

I can never tell if Shaun is serious or not

KneeCo 07-31-2007 01:58 PM

I do think the limits have been pushed over the last few months, on more than one occasion in a TS or Vegas or something thread someone has posted "out of drugs, does anyone have some to sell me", which is kinda dumb on a lot of levels.

As for just the "VOLCANOOO!!!!111!" posts, meh, they def get old but I don't see any point in locking.

Edit: When I say that, I mean like a shaundeeb sweat thread where people make tired Volcano jokes or a TS/Vegas thread or the like. Obv I have no prob locking a thread created just to talk drugs, though off the top of my head I can't recall having seen one.
Also, it's worth reminding the Deeb/Thay3r and co. clique that Shaniac still holds the crown as 2p2 pot fiend and no one is ever going to catch Junglen as overall 2p2 walking pharmacist.

THAY3R 07-31-2007 01:59 PM

Jemaine: There is only one kind of dance: the Robot.
Bret: And the Robo Boogie.
Jemaine: Oh, yes. Two kinds of dances.

mirrorman 07-31-2007 02:01 PM

how can anyone with even the slightest sense of humor ban someone for posts similar to that of KRANTZ' heads up video featuring the weed brownies? the talk of drugs simply makes things more enjoyable to read about and obviously to do.

Jurollo 07-31-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can anyone with even the slightest sense of humor ban someone for posts similar to that of KRANTZ' heads up video featuring the weed brownies? the talk of drugs simply makes things more enjoyable to read about and obviously to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
obv!

EC10 et al,
While you might be right to some extent the people that a ton of drug talk puts off way outweighs the increased sense of community that some people who enjoy drugs get from posting. This is a tournament forum, not a drug forum. There are drug forums on the internet, there are forums on this site like bbv, oot, etc that are much more general and lenient about such things. These forums won't be.

As for the locking of threads. It wasn't one thread that made that happen. It was the fact that everyday some nonsense post about someone going to Wendy's popped up. If you have a great story to tell your friends, tell you friends. If its really good then go ahead and post it here, but MTT and MTTc and HSMTT doesn't need to hear everytime you get high and eat fast food or say something silly.

shaundeeb 07-31-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the type of posts that jurollo and ZBT want to put an end to are what make mttc a much tighter community than any other 2p2 subforum.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding this forum I always was thought was about topics the mtt community liked to discuss. I didn't think anyone had a problem with our joke ridden threads except for ZBT and Justin. If MTTc hated the posts they wouldn't get soo many replies and get bumped. I don't recall any thread where anyone said they outright wanted it to stop outside of the mods.

If people went to you privately that's fine but molding MTTc into what you want and not what the people want will just make it [censored] and useless forum. I'm sorry we aren't what you expect us to be justin but don't worry we don't expect much from you anyway.

Bakes 07-31-2007 02:11 PM

yeah, i've never seen a "drug" OP. just a lot of volcano references in every thread, who gives a [censored]? people blaze.

THAY3R 07-31-2007 02:12 PM

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

- Ronald Reagan