Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Schneids Video: Bluff and Loose Turn Call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464317)

PokerBob 07-30-2007 02:51 PM

Re: Schneids Video: Bluff and Loose Turn Call?

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great board for villain to float in pos. and raise any turn card, therefore Schneids has to give himself some pair outs. I am surprised he didn't 3 bet the turn though, I think that's the play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands that are (a) better than ours and (b) not commited to a SD does villain fold if we bet/3bet this turn?

veganmav 07-30-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great board for villain to float in pos. and raise any turn card, therefore Schneids has to give himself some pair outs. I am surprised he didn't 3 bet the turn though, I think that's the play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

you are leveling right?

DpR 07-30-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you don't see why this is a good flop c/r maybe you are missing out on a key LHE concept?

the question is the freq to bet the turn when called on the flop, which is entirely oppt. dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming villian is solid, I do not think this is a good flop c/r at all. Sure it is a good flop for fold equity, but IMO that isnt enough when you got almost nothing else to work with.

There is a straight draw on the flop and the only hands villian will give up that easily with are the ones just like hero's hand.

At least get a heart on the board so we have a backdoor flush draw (and then perhaps can bet/3bet semi-bluff a heart turn when villian tries to FSD). As it is we got nohting to work with and IMO the flop c/r is definitely bad.

I would c/f this flop.

baronzeus 07-30-2007 06:11 PM

do a flop equity calc and just compare str8 equities here. i think against most opponents a checkraise here with any 2 is almost even EV, assuming you are drawing dead if he has a hand.

im not saying we should always c/r here, and i def dont, but i think against a button raiser we have far too much equity and good turn checkbehind odds (versus only somewhat bad reverse implied odds, which will only hurt us when he has a king/betterjack etc AND we spike on the turn)

DpR 07-30-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do a flop equity calc and just compare str8 equities here. i think against most opponents a checkraise here with any 2 is almost even EV, assuming you are drawing dead if he has a hand.

im not saying we should always c/r here, and i def dont, but i think against a button raiser we have far too much equity and good turn checkbehind odds (versus only somewhat bad reverse implied odds, which will only hurt us when he has a king/betterjack etc AND we spike on the turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

Equity certainly is meaningfull, but in terms of applying the hot/cold stuff to reality (vs a good player in position), I think a significant discount is in order (ridiculously so if he is going to FSD ace high on the turn).

gaming_mouse 07-30-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clarify what you mean by the bolded phrase?

Are you referring to c/raising the flop and then checking the turn hoping it gets checked behind?

I could be wrong here but I got the feeling Schneids was firing again on this turn almost always.

milesdyson 07-30-2007 09:36 PM

just the odds he checks behind the turn g_m. he's giving an additional reason that c/c > c/f after mentioning that he doesn't always c/r the flop.

gaming_mouse 07-30-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just the odds he checks behind the turn g_m. he's giving an additional reason that c/c > c/f after mentioning that he doesn't always c/r the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty