Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Are micro limits harder to play than medium or high stakes? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=463855)

sokiraJ 07-29-2007 06:09 PM

Re: Are micro limits harder to play than medium or high stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to overlook your retarded question because of the [censored] awesomeness that is your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not willing to overlook it and I'll flame you for it. OP you suck if you can beat 5000nl but not 10nl then consider killing yourself, but I permit you to continue sucking here as long as you keep that avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather beat 5000nl than 10nl

poker12 07-29-2007 09:31 PM

it is so much harder at 10nl then 1000nl. Take whatever you have now, or borrow, and sit at 1000nl and all your cbets will be respected.

GSykes 07-29-2007 09:38 PM

NO

Nielsio 07-29-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was just wondering, because it seems like the standard continuation bet never work at the micro limit. However, it works ~75% of the time in medium limits.

So is it easier to play solid poker in the medium stakes than micro limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure nobody 'respects your raises' at teh nosebleed stakes.

nuclear500 07-29-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was just wondering, because it seems like the standard continuation bet never work at the micro limit. However, it works ~75% of the time in medium limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'll give you a serious answer.
Micro stakes players don't play as well, they draw out without odds and it's harder to put them on hands because they can play ATC.
If you don't realize how this makes it easier to make money, then you will get slaughtered higher up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, except you have to wait for x hands before you are dealt the hand they will pay you off because they can't fold etc etc etc, then you hope your table selection has non-nit gamblers etc etc.

Its easier yet its harder because you HAVE to have a hand to win against a calling station ATC (and Omaha A4C) players. You don't have to have a hand to win at higher stakes...etc etc.

with that said I do not prescribe to the "move up 'where the raises are respected'" philosophy. If you can't, long term, come away a winner at .05/.10, you aren't going to come away a winner, long term, at .50/1 or 1/2

I'm in the stages of figuring out how to beat Hold 'Em and Omaha both at .05/.10 - but my patience for hands is what is killing me.

A_C_Slater 07-29-2007 10:42 PM

'I'm just gonna start severly overbetting the pot here. I get sick of people just calling me when I don't have nothin... I really do.' --Tuff_Fish

allinonadraw 07-29-2007 10:42 PM

spacebetween 07-30-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, nl 400 is very easy

lauren t 07-30-2007 01:51 AM

i crush 2/4-5/10 and im positive i would not be a winner at microlimits over 1k+ hands

lauren t 07-30-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i crush 2/4-5/10 and im positive i would not be a winner at microlimits over 1k+ hands

[/ QUOTE ]

this has nothing to do with the difficulty of the games, more like i would prob kill myself or start open shoving every hand if i played 1k+ hands of microlimits