Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   who is the best NL hold'em player? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=463608)

EWS87 07-29-2007 11:07 PM

Re: who is the best NL hold\'em player?

phil hellmuth is the best nl holdem tournament player currently and of all-time and its not even close

SuperUberBob 07-30-2007 12:36 AM

NL tournament player is Phil Hellmuth. Though Allen Cunningham is close.

As for cash: prob Brian Townsend.

gobboboy 07-30-2007 01:21 AM

God this thread tilts me. Results do not mean you are the best. If you were asking who has the best results in NLHE, yes, these people would be correct. There are way better NLHE tournament players than hellmuth under the age of 25. At LEAST 10.

VespaRally 07-30-2007 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God this thread tilts me. Results do not mean you are the best. If you were asking who has the best results in NLHE, yes, these people would be correct. There are way better NLHE tournament players than hellmuth under the age of 25. At LEAST 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Gobbo, maybe we can salvage something out of these types of threads [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

What do the "players under 25" you have in mind understand about tourney poker that the oft-mentioned "best" TV players don't?

giant panda 07-30-2007 04:22 AM

for the record, "best" wasn't referring to number of bracelets or winnings, because these do not necessarily indicate skill. Many of the worlds best poker players usually don't rank too high in larger tournaments due to the luck factor of poker.

As for my answer, I'm still not sure who I think is the best. When I made the topic I had Allen Cunningham in mind, along with PH and Daniel Negreanu. Jesus is also up there.

And I don't know how well liked he is on these boards, but I think Scotty Nguyen is a really good player.

W brad 07-30-2007 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken just like someone who only came in second place [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

JJBuffone 07-30-2007 12:41 PM

Alex Jacobs

Lady Ashley 07-30-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She is awesome, i agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Look at Phil Ivey's face, lmao. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He always looks like that hahaha. Phil definitely gets my vote for best NLH player; although I'll agree that Jennifer Tilly has developed some skills!

gobboboy 07-30-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Gobbo, maybe we can salvage something out of these types of threads [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

What do the "players under 25" you have in mind understand about tourney poker that the oft-mentioned "best" TV players don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't completely suck when playing with less than 20 bb stacks.

Whitewash 07-30-2007 01:35 PM

Allen [censored] Cunningham