Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Golf prop bets - please list good ones! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462817)

Nick Rainey 07-30-2007 09:41 PM

Re: Golf prop bets - please list good ones!

Had my first double eagle today, drove a par five from the tips on #2 at bears best and sunk the putt. Not my farthest drive, hit one 602 at TPC Summerlin last week.

tuq 07-30-2007 10:05 PM

^ Nick you are like the only person on the planet who I wouldn't call insta-BS on both of the things you just wrote.

shemp 07-30-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^ Nick you are like the only person on the planet who I wouldn't call insta-BS on both of the things you just wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Funny. I was kinda thinking I'd like some action on a black knight (+2) versus Nick Rainey (-10) on his home course. I've never met either (and I'm not calling out black knight in any way by saying this)-- and that was before his latest post.

guids 07-30-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had my first double eagle today, drove a par five from the tips on #2 at bears best and sunk the putt. Not my farthest drive, hit one 602 at TPC Summerlin last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit a 602 yard drive?

black knight 07-30-2007 10:41 PM

On whose home course? I'm only a +2 there, scratch elsewhere.

OTOH, seriously, plz explain the hole that you could possibly drive a par 5. I've only ever seen TWO (>500yds) that was possibly drivable. One was Mt Woodson near San Diego - it was 520 but 3 huge downhill tiers (someone got a hole in one the year before I went). The 2nd is Morningstar near Parksville, BC where it's something like 500 70degree dogleg left and downhill so a 330ish drive cutting the corner turns into about 400, which is what the b-line to the hole would be.

Either way, cudos for doing it!

Butcho22 07-30-2007 10:52 PM

lol if black knight is just one big level, A+

LOL at people who don't realize what Rainey wrote is an obvious level/jab at black knight (sorry to ruin the fun)

shemp 07-30-2007 11:13 PM

On his course-- or the course of his choosing if he's only playing driver.

shemp 07-30-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL at people who don't realize what Rainey wrote is an obvious level/jab at black knight (sorry to ruin the fun)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't even process what he said beyond awareness it was some crazy claim-- so I'm not quite as dumb as I may look. Or at least I didn't get a chance to be. In other words, you hurt the hilarity of the thread this time. This is quite apart from the match that interests me.

black knight 07-31-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever buddy, I've seen people drive par 5s, and not knowing the holes he described, I don't default to 'bs!'

Nick Rainey 07-31-2007 04:22 AM

I would be willing to bet up to 500k that if given 10 tries, I could hit a 600+ yard drive on a fairly flat surface, maybe a few hills but nothing drastic.