Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Is this an instacall for you? (WSOP ME big draw) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460453)

aaronbeen 07-25-2007 02:57 PM

Re: Is this an instacall for you? (WSOP ME big draw)

it's a fold either way but which flop card is the nonheart is important

adanthar 07-25-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to confirm something, we'd rather call with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] than K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], right?

[/ QUOTE ]

we instacall with that. but yes, KJ is a fold.

registrar 07-25-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What If he raises to 70k? Do you guys fold, shove, call?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my question too.

s33w33d 07-25-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's the nut flush draw or a nervous older guy with a huge hand. Either one is very bad for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial reaction when Yuv first told me the hand was to call, but after further analysis, I really agree with the above statement here. Even if we learned later that he wasn't a "nervous old guy," you still have to run with whatever read you did have at the time, which wasn't much at all.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] might be good enough to get me towards a call because we're never killed by another FD, we occasionally kill another FD, and our A is more likely to be an out when we're up against a big pair.

Just to confirm something, we'd rather call with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] than K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, good question - I'd of course rather have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] there, naturally. I'd probably like 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] just because I know my 9 and 7 are likely outs - it's possible the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] has the K and J both being no g00t.

Yuv 07-25-2007 02:59 PM

I'm pretty sure the 7 was a heart, Aaron. I can't remember if it was the 5 or the 2.

07-25-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What If he raises to 70k? Do you guys fold, shove, call?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my question too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The avaerage semi-aggro live player will CR/fold with a decent amount of hands here. I think this is a super-easy jam.

s33w33d 07-25-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What If he raises to 70k? Do you guys fold, shove, call? I had a lot of problem dealing with big draws deep stacked, when facing resistence. Online you just jam it cause you're always priced in. Here this wasn't the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you always fold to a raise here.

Bakes 07-25-2007 03:08 PM

no i would definitely jam over 70k, he could be raise/folding his 88 to see where its at, for instance.

Ansky 07-25-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What If he raises to 70k? Do you guys fold, shove, call? I had a lot of problem dealing with big draws deep stacked, when facing resistence. Online you just jam it cause you're always priced in. Here this wasn't the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much always jam if he raises to 70k.

Todd Terry 07-25-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much always jam if he raises to 70k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. His range is wide (including overpair, top pair, middle pair, pure move, flush draw). You have serious fold equity, and from 9-15 outs. You probably even get a nut flush draw to fold as well (unless he has a pair), so you don't have to worry about the flush cards not being outs.