Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   $3 Million Downsizing............. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458103)

Stake Monster 07-23-2007 07:22 AM

Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

ppl who bash aba are just jealous of his success. pretty simple. I have no doubt he'll have a boomswitch activated for him soon.

07-23-2007 07:32 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

ElDuque 07-23-2007 07:46 AM

Downsizings sucks

mperich 07-23-2007 07:46 AM

u r really my least favorite poster. also, sick aba..hope it turns around soon.

-Mike

Luckyspikes 07-23-2007 07:55 AM

I don't know if he ever had a DS in his career. I 'am sure this bad run will improve his mind and he'll become stronger.

No doubt he's still the best.

Marnixvdb 07-23-2007 08:02 AM

sounds like he's tilting

'i lost $xxxxx but i think i played really well' = what people (including me) tend to say when they are not playing well

usually it isnt until after you pick up your game that you saw you weren't actually playing all that good

fwiw I havent followed his game throughout, but saw some PLO hands right after the 1.8 million pot - a moment where you'd expect him to be weak and play bad - that looked really bad

His best idea is to take a break, must do him good.

silver book 07-23-2007 08:02 AM

lol so many people are gonna read his blog and be like " 3 million!!! thats so much, what if that happened to me?? I could never handle that. I need to drink some Mike's hard lemonade to forget about my problems."

There's a reason why you aren't the most fundamentally sound poker player in the world (like BT). Most people are scared of failure and just want to quit when the [censored] hits the fan. The honesty in his blog ( "I'm depressed") shows that hes not gonna make excuses. I'm not a huge fan of Townsend, I just think his game is very strong. If he can play even his "B" game he'll always be a big winner at any stakes.

secretprankster 07-23-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The honesty in his blog ( "I'm depressed") shows that hes not gonna make excuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was any thought actually put into this sentence?

silver book 07-23-2007 09:01 AM

That sentence actually took me the longest to write. No joke, i couldn't figure out how to phrase it. Basically, I'm saying that people who are honest with themselves will make less excuses than those who lie to themselves. Which should actually be pretty obvious because making an excuse involves not being completely truthful.

luegofuego 07-23-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Love the comments on his site. Some helpful advice here which I am sure he never thought of before:

"I'm not quite sure how accurate you keep track of your plays, but in order to get an overview plays of your game you must take in account of all the hands you won vs. lost. Moreover, how many of those hands are won from luck and how many are won from skills. Take these factors and evalute your overall accomplishment."

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha