Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ATs vs. TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455117)

DonkeyKing 07-19-2007 01:27 PM

Re: ATs vs. TAG

EDIT: deleted original post (misread villan/hero position)

Nvr mind. You are definitely behind this hand if he fires the 2nd barrel. I think call flop fold to another big barrel turn. There's no way he's betting out with AQ vs another TAG that is just calling which screams strength IP.

CaptUnlucky 07-19-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Safe to say he doesn't have AJ KK or AA

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Nick Royale 07-19-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Safe to say he doesn't have AJ KK or AA. So the hands you are worried about are TT QJs or AK (though I think he would reraise another TAG w/ AK some of the time to see where he's at).

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain is the pfr.

rakes.a.beach 07-19-2007 01:32 PM

raise the flop. villian is never letting go of AQ/AJ here. We don't want 88 to get a free card and hurt us big. We have no idea where we stand if he fires two bullets. Just raise flop and fold to 3bet.

DonkeyKing 07-19-2007 01:36 PM

ya, sorry about that, I misread villian and hero's position. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ua1176 07-19-2007 01:40 PM

i like raising flop, checking behind turn. you can rep some kind of pair + gutshot hand pretty well and you should get paid on the river by any A-x.

rapidacid 07-19-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop. villian is never letting go of AQ/AJ here. We don't want 88 to get a free card and hurt us big. We have no idea where we stand if he fires two bullets. Just raise flop and fold to 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy hell this is [censored] aweful

johnnybeef 07-19-2007 01:48 PM

I like floating. I doubt aj or aq call a raise.

rapidacid 07-19-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all saying call, call, call.

Turn and river bricks. Villain bets 115 in 130, you call? Personally I call ~95 or less. Calling a big bet on the river vs an unknown tag is bad imo. He's almost never bluffing 3 streets in a row on this board and I doubt he's valuebetting this big with a worse hand. Keep in mind villain raised from UTG, there's not a ton of possible lower Ax two pair combos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick I see what you're saying, but you also have to consider what he thinks we may have ... if we flat call flop, our hand could be AT, but it also looks like AJ/AQ/KQ/KJ hoping to hit a 4 outer ...

He could have a set or AK, but I'm not releasing this hand unless things get to like fahrenheit 451 for us

Bukem_ 07-19-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like floating. I doubt aj or aq call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

floating is calling with qd9d to take it away later.