Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454630)

Mrage 07-19-2007 10:11 AM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live?

[ QUOTE ]
one time time a tagfish called 3 barrels with 56s on a 57T 2 A board. i thought i had AQ but had KQ and looked dumb on river

[/ QUOTE ]
Good calldown DUCY?

neil705 07-19-2007 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one time I got all in with AK and some idiot called me with QQ and I didn't hit. I freaked out and tried to choke him. That's the last beat I took.....I feel terrible about it and I haven't played poker or come out of my room ever since.

[/ QUOTE ] lol

TilTandWiN 07-19-2007 11:01 AM

i once check called all in in a (live) tournament with K 9 on a A J 3 Q 6 rainbow bored - it was made even worse by the fact that the raiser had flipped A J and I table my cards and smile and calmly say straight - the chips start getting pushed towards me as every one assumes that I have the straight then just as i begin counting someones like WTF??? so painfull like that = )

Feike 07-19-2007 11:35 AM

Was playing a small stakes home tourney last week, with Dutch cards --> the Jack is a Boer --> B. I pick up BB, flop is B high, Q on the turn, I push, villain calls with A7, I still win. (I had B8o, or J8o)...

Josem 07-19-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one time time a tagfish called 3 barrels with 56s on a 57T 2 A board. i thought i had AQ but had KQ and looked dumb on river

[/ QUOTE ]

you really should learn what the letters TAG stand for. that way you won't look dumb when you use them.

Feike 07-19-2007 11:44 AM

Home tournament

SB: ~8BB
BB: 25BB
Hero: 18BB
Villain: 16BB

I pick up B[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]B[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Dutch cards, a B is a Boer, or a Jack).
I'm thinking: top set, not bad.
I make it 2.5BB, Villain calls, Small Blind & Big Blind fold.
pot: 8BB
flop brings: B[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet another 4BB, Villain calls
pot: 16BB
turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet 9.5BB, enough to put Villain all-in, he snap-calls.

I turn over B[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and think: Noooooooo!
He turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
River is a blank, I win the whole pot...

stealyourface 07-19-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was playing a small stakes home tourney last week, with Dutch cards --> the Jack is a Boer --> B. I pick up BB, flop is B high, Q on the turn, I push, villain calls with A7, I still win. (I had B8o, or J8o)...

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ever post again

Warteen 07-19-2007 11:58 AM

Unraised pot, I'm in the big blind and pick up 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I JUST FLOPPED THE NUTS. ARRR IN. I get two callers for all my money, sweet. I confidently flip over...
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
*blink* *blink* What just happened?

Villain 1 has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for bottom set.
Villain 2 has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for top pair and the gutshot draw.
I'm boned.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I win with the flush to the jack. My straight wouldn't have even been good.

hoyasaxa 07-19-2007 12:01 PM

I once had 78s in MP, raised to $10. Nitty player in SB repops to $25. I figure he has a big pair, and his stack is big enough so I call. Flop comes 9 10 J rainbow. He bets $35, I immediately push all in, he instacalls with kings.

I turn over 67s. Oops.

Patrio 07-19-2007 12:03 PM

I was playing live $1/$2 homegame, utg raises to $10 (tightest player I have ever seen) button calls. To flop comes Jc9c2s, utg bets $20 button pushes $300, utg INSTAcalls and says ACES!! and flips up Ac4s. Button flips up 8cTc. Turn and rivers blanks and A4 is good. SHIP IT!