Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Devastating Seinfeld News (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454269)

Triumph36 07-18-2007 02:59 PM

Re: Devastating Seinfeld News

Seinfeld hasn't aged well? You mean the same show that went off the air almost 10 years ago and still runs in the top syndication spots?

I guess part of the culture of the show was the in-jokiness of it all - and Kramer certainly hasn't aged well, IMO.

also i think the best (and worst) episodes occured when larry david left, but i think i'm the only one - the [censored] they did near the end was great

Homer 07-18-2007 03:04 PM

Seinfeld is the best sitcom in the history of television. Stop the hate.

CrazyEyez 07-18-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would feel happy learning there's an episode of a show I apparently love/worship/would have sex with/etc I haven't seen, which I can now see for the first time. The word devastating would not cross my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel every time a new Entourage comes on, devastation is not in my mind but happiness sure is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well goddam, I never looked at it this way. It's a blessing, not a defeat. Huh. Well I'm going to turn my frown upside-down.

OOT saves the day once again.

CrazyEyez 07-18-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. I'm surprised you don't have these on DVD
2. You might be interested to know that Seinfeld has agreed to appear in the season premiere of 30 Rock, playing himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never bothered with the DVD since I can turn on the tv or Tivo Suggestions at anytime and watch an episode.
I am interested in that 30 Rock tidbit, as I'm a big fan of that show. Thank you.

SBR 07-18-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get over yourself/seinfeld. The show is over and so are its references. It was cool 2 years ago maybe, but is a waste of life/your time now. Find a new hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it was cool after it was off the air for 8 years but 2 years later its uncool? What the hell are you talking about?

Also I try to avoid hanging out with guys who don't get Seinfeld references. If you're between the ages of 18-38, male and don't/never liked Seinfeld you probably have some serious personality flaws. A large number of non-seinfeld fans also seem to enjoy Friends so thats two big strikes right there.

OP, this episode isn't played that often. I think I've only seen it a couple of times, and I'm not sure I've ever seen the opening monologue.

punkass 07-18-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get over yourself/seinfeld. The show is over and so are its references. It was cool 2 years ago maybe, but is a waste of life/your time now. Find a new hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a stripper thread in OOT now. Why not go in there and try to ruin their fun too? Go to the B&M forum and tell them they're all degenerates. Then why not go to POG and say they're losers? You really like spewing the crap, huh?

get bent

amplify 07-18-2007 04:29 PM

I had this with MASH, out of the blue 10 years ago was suddenly some episode I had never seen. It was like Christmas.

SonofDjugashvili 07-18-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So it was cool after it was off the air for 8 years but 2 years later its uncool? What the hell are you talking about?

Also I try to avoid hanging out with guys who don't get Seinfeld references. If you're between the ages of 18-38, male and don't/never liked Seinfeld you probably have some serious personality flaws. A large number of non-seinfeld fans also seem to enjoy Friends so thats two big strikes right there.

OP, this episode isn't played that often. I think I've only seen it a couple of times, and I'm not sure I've ever seen the opening monologue.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. The people who liked Friends but not Seinfeld are simply a lower strata of society - wtf do we even let them vote? When they were on back to back (Friends early I believe), it was like "well, now that the retards have gone to bed, we have a show for people capable of forming complete sentences".

tuq 07-18-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people who liked Friends but not Seinfeld are simply women

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
wtf do we even let them vote?

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

SonofDjugashvili 07-18-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The people who liked Friends but not Seinfeld are simply women

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'ed at the simple truth you exposed with the slight correction of my post.