Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Teen kills brother over who's next (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453428)

Blarg 07-18-2007 01:24 PM

Re: Teen kills brother over who\'s next

[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that thinks sharing game systems is a little weird? It seems like that's a good way to make your kids hate video games, but why even buy them the damn things then?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like a pretty awesome goal, really.

Duke 07-18-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that thinks sharing game systems is a little weird? It seems like that's a good way to make your kids hate video games, but why even buy them the damn things then?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't come up with a single good argument for having a TV, then. The worst games in the world are superior to damn near everything on television in terms of value.

At least you're interacting in some way.

GotRivered? 07-18-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Must be a heck of a game if people are killing each other to play it. They should work this story into their advertisements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly no... It was an old copy of "Shaq-fu" they were fighting over

Duke 07-18-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must be a heck of a game if people are killing each other to play it. They should work this story into their advertisements.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

Blarg 07-18-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't come up with a single good argument for having a TV, then. The worst games in the world are superior to damn near everything on television in terms of value.

[/ QUOTE ]

TV is definitely mostly crap, and video games are far superior because they're interactive and don't zero out your mind. I'd rather have a kid play games than watch t.v.

That said, for me t.v. has two good points: background noise when you don't feel like music, and you can watch movies on it.

Jack Bando 07-18-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were fighting who WOULD play next, not who wouldn't play next. So no, it was not Shaq-Fu

Duke 07-18-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TV is definitely mostly crap, and video games are far superior because they're interactive and don't zero out your mind. I'd rather have a kid play games than watch t.v.

That said, for me t.v. has two good points: background noise when you don't feel like music, and you can watch movies on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I use them for movies and the various "science" channels. I watch NGC until the dog guy comes on, then switch to another one. It's just noise while I'm computering, but every time I look up I'm hearing some new tidbit that I hadn't previously known about.

Blarg 07-18-2007 06:26 PM

Yeah, it's good to fill in spaces like that.

AntonHeat 07-18-2007 07:54 PM

What game were they playing?

Duke 07-18-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What game were they playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they left out that bit of data on purpose so they can feel morally superior when everyone is asking that question. But the thing is, it's a key piece of data that they inexplicably left out, being a huge portion of the "why?" behind the action. If it turned out that it was some 2 player game that is better that way than single player, we're left with the kid really just hating his brother and it not being really related to the game at all, for instance, as that would only be the "last straw" or something.

I think that's probably the case anyhow.