Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Neighbor dings door, my move? (Second ding, fixed parking spaces). (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451908)

Dr. Moreau 07-15-2007 11:04 PM

Re: Neighbor dings door, my move? (Second ding, fixed parking spaces).

[ QUOTE ]
I totally understand being pissed, but how on earth do you not eventually say to yourself, "Maybe I should take some pictures for posterity and then call the police?"

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me a while to come to this conclusion. I am taking photos, calling the police, and we'll proceed from there.

I did not sleep very well last night and yeah, I should have taken care of this better.

I was more curious how you all have dealt with situations like this in the past.

Thanks

z28dreams 07-16-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a huge nit. You buy an impractical (your word) car, and drive it one out of 7 days, and go apesh*t when a tiny ding gets in it?

Cars depreciate like crazy, I could give a sh*t if someone dings my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible reply. First, it's not a tiny ding - as OP stated it's a 1.5" 'gash' on his brand new 2007 miata.

Let's put it this way - from your screenname I assume you're a trumpet player. Suppose you bought a shiny brand new Stradivarius trumpet for $3000 or whatever. You leave it in the concert hall, and one day you come back to find a huge dent in the bell of it.

How pissed are you?

Now imagine that it's worth 10x as much.

OP has every right to be pissed and get compensation. Just because you drive a [censored] car or don't care about cars doesn't mean his property isn't valuable.

You mentioned that you don't want to waste your time dealing with a stranger for "a few hundo".

I personally would take the 15min to talk to them to save myself the roughly $500-$1000 repair.

Not everyone has $1000 laying around to say "screw it, i'll just take it like a bitch".

I_AM_EVIL 07-16-2007 12:27 AM

http://www.knife-works.com/images/kb5014.jpg

+

http://www.rchobbies.org/images/GlueTire300.jpg X4

=

http://monroelab.net/blog/uploaded_i...ire-770803.jpg X4

NSchandler 07-16-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a crowbar and beat the [censored] out of their car, all the while screaming, "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps!"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

citanul 07-16-2007 12:43 AM

how the hell does this thread not get locked amongst all the threads that do?

no one here would take a crowbar and beat the hell of the guys car or his cat or whatever.

everyone here would do exactly what everyone else on the face of the planet would do, which is take pictures, approach relevant parties.

tuq 07-16-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today I walk out, to find a huge 1 1/2" gash

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend took the appropriate action and wrote in their driver's side window "[censored] OFF".

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure she's not jealous of that gash?

mikecrooks 07-16-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell does this thread not get locked amongst all the threads that do?

no one here would take a crowbar and beat the hell of the guys car or his cat or whatever.

everyone here would do exactly what everyone else on the face of the planet would do, which is take pictures, approach relevant parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actualy if someone dinged my new car I would probly take a crowbar to them and their cat and whatever else I could find.

prohornblower 07-16-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are a huge nit. You buy an impractical (your word) car, and drive it one out of 7 days, and go apesh*t when a tiny ding gets in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's put it this way - from your screenname I assume you're a trumpet player.

Just because you drive a [censored] car or don't care about cars doesn't mean his property isn't valuable.

"screw it, i'll just take it like a bitch".

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Horrible read...considering I've never played an instrument other than guitar or drums in my life. So I don't know who that Stradivarius guy is, but he sounds like a doosh.

2) I don't think I drive a POS car, but it's no Z28 so that must mean I pee sitting down, which brings me to your third comment.

3) Taking it like a bitch...do you really think the cops care about this? Hell, my gf's truck got busted into a few months ago and almost stolen and the cop basically said there is nothing they can do. Cops have better things to do than settle petty disputes between overzealous car owners and their normal neighbors. If he's that sensitive about his new toy, he could also take steps to protect it. I seriously like the idea of a thick tarp with the words "My carport neighbor is a huge [censored]" spraypainted on it.

kyleb 07-16-2007 02:09 AM

OP,

Smash their window. Stop being a pussy.

APerfect10 07-16-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's put it this way - from your screenname I assume you're a trumpet player.

Just because you drive a [censored] car or don't care about cars doesn't mean his property isn't valuable.

"screw it, i'll just take it like a bitch".

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Horrible read...considering I've never played an instrument other than guitar or drums in my life. So I don't know who that Stradivarius guy is, but he sounds like a doosh.

2) I don't think I drive a POS car, but it's no Z28 so that must mean I pee sitting down, which brings me to your third comment.

3) Taking it like a bitch...do you really think the cops care about this? Hell, my gf's truck got busted into a few months ago and almost stolen and the cop basically said there is nothing they can do. Cops have better things to do than settle petty disputes between overzealous car owners and their normal neighbors. If he's that sensitive about his new toy, he could also take steps to protect it. I seriously like the idea of a thick tarp with the words "My carport neighbor is a huge [censored]" spraypainted on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your exactly the type of [censored] that opens car doors and lets them bash into the car parked beside you. If you dont care about your care, fine. But at least respect other peoples property.

Obviously they dont care about their car so kick their door in. Although this usually works better if you dont have a permanent parking spot next to them.